Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i would like to have your opinion on him.

• 06-01-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

pascal cygan.

he is often critizised. is he that bad?
    because i remember he was good for lille.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's the one player opposition teams look for when the Arsenal team sheet is revealed!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Which makes him Arsenal's Djimi Traore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PiE wrote:

yes, definately

though not quite as bad as traore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

well, i can't watch that often EPL, but anytimes i watched him playing, he was good.
    i can't understand those bashing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

He is playing crap and gets slated by the papers and supporters. He arrived at Arsenal with a good reputation from his time at Lille. I would like to see him playing regularly at centre back and with a bit of confidence (maybe not at Arsenal).
    Sure look at what Forlan did at Villereal when he went there. Everybody thought he was crap at United(although United supporters loved him for the 2 goals against Liverpool) but played regularly & gained confidence with Villereal and won the Golden Boot. Not exactly the same as the Cygan situation I know but I think that Cygan could have potential to be an ok player given the chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

lili wrote:
    pascal cygan.

he is often critizised.

Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

One word - Liabilty.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Decent CB but cant seem to play with Campbell or Toure, played well when with Senderos. But can never be played at left back oh how i laughed when he kept passing it to the left back when it was him.

kdjac

so his problem is a lack of confidence and maybe the fact that he has been used as a LB.

i think he is able to make good "relance". you know when he have to carry the ball or throw it far to the forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

my opinion is that he is ****. i cringe when i see him on the starting 11

well, i got my answer:(

are you sure it's just because he is bald?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

mike65 wrote:
    He's the one player opposition teams look for when the Arsenal team sheet is revealed!

Mike.

I looked at the arsenal starting 11 the other night and seen he was going to be marking Ronaldo and remember being chuffed at the time (me being a Man u fan of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I looked at the arsenal starting 11 the other night and seen he was going to be marking Ronaldo and remember being chuffed at the time (me being a Man u fan of course)

I wonder what the case will be if he marks another Ronaldo next month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

CorkMan wrote:
    I wonder what the case will be if he marks another Ronaldo next month :D

have to say despite having Cygan in the team i think Arsenal are going to beat Madrid next month, Madrid are so disjointed at the moment, they still have a wealth of attacking players but the players that done it for them in the past are in their twilight years now. Arsenal have a air of confidence about them in europe this year, all depends if Henry decides to turn up on the night really, but i'd defo fancy Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dont think Cygan will be playgin against real, Cole is on his way back.

the problem with Cygan is that he suffers from what people commonly refer to as the Gary Breen syndrome. Cygan can be having the game of his life but when it comes to the simple stuff he just turns off. He is Arsenal's biggest liability at the moment. I dont believe it is down to a lack of confidence, just I dont think he is up the quality of the Premiership. Opposition players know he is the weak link in the back four and so harry and hustle him. When he was playing for Lille, he was one of the best defenders in the French league( hence the comparisons to Tony Adams, when he arrived), as he was composed and was able to hold off opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

He is so bad it's unreal. One of the worst players I've seen in any European top flight game. That's no exaggeration. He is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Arsenal's worst player. Where and how he is playing now, he isn't fit for any premiership team(except for maybe sunderland if Acra isnt playing there)

well i must say he is no phil babb!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

lili wrote:
    are you sure it's just because he is bald?

Nah it's just because he's very very bad. I remember seeing him playing at LB v Bolton a while back and not only did both of their goals originate from his position but he also managed to give the ball away at least 10 times during the 90 minutes. Not a very very good report even if you are playing out of position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He's error prone and playe at one of the top clubs so there's alot of emphasis put on an any error he makes. Which, unfortunately, is alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PiE wrote:
    couldn't have put it better myself...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

OTliddy wrote:
    Arsenal's worst player. Where and how he is playing now, he isn't fit for any premiership team(except for maybe sunderland if Acra isnt playing there)
    Nah, they've got Justin Hoyte for left back too, and he's 10 times the player Cygan is already despite being about 20. Why Wenger didn't recall him from loan when Clichy & Cole got injured is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

he symbolises what is wrong with arsenal and united. average players. had cygan been playing with a lower team in the prem he might seem a good player. but because hes at arsenal a high standard is understandably expected. he sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

lili wrote:
    pascal cygan.

he is often critizised. is he that bad?
    because i remember he was good for lille.

To quote Nathan Barley: "Does the pope **** children?" :D
    He's an absolute disaster. I'd have Djimi Traore or even John O'Shea in ahead of him :eek:
    I love the way Cygan goes galloping up the wing in the vain attempt to create something or even score. It really is comical to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well the song thats sung about him by the oppositions fan say it all:
    "he's french, he's ****, he play when no-ones fit... Pascal Cygan, Pascal Cygan"

I laugh everytime i hear it!!!

ouch!
    it's enough, i do have my answer, thanx:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Well put it this way, he's no Patrice Evra. Thank God for that! :D

Advertisement