Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyperthyroidism anybody?

• 06-01-2006 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

Hello there,
    I am new to this forum, but realise that it is not a medical advice shop. What I want to know is if anyone who frequents this forum has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), and if you have, have you used the radioactive iodine treatment? As far as I can see, it is a common treatment and is very successful. I just want to hear testimonies of those who have undergone similar treatment as someone I know has recently been diagnosed, and is very wary of ingesting anything radioactive, fair enough, but I just wanted to see what other peoples experience of the treatment was, good or bad.
    Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

http://www.irishhealth.com

You will most likely get better answers on the irishhealth discussion board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Or here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got treated for this condition when I was 3-4 so I do not have very strong memories of it but I do remember that it was painless and that it made me feel better within a few months. My father got the surgery and it took him months to recover fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

They usually give you medicine eg Neo-Mercozole to see if that will lower it. When that doesn't work they would suggest iodine - i'm sure there's exceptions thou!! Mine started off overactive and switched underactive and back again a few times - it's been borderline underactive for over a year now - i just take 5mg of neo-merc. a day and only have to get blood tests every 6 months..

Advertisement