Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

e40k for a 2004 Ford Mustang

Options
  • 06-01-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

I saw this 2004 Ford Mustang V6 in the Irish Times the other day.
    e40k seems quite expensive for a car with 24k miles on it, when the most expensive new one costs less than $32k in the USA.
    I realise that there is a shipping cost and VRT, but would it really add that much to it?

I will admit that it is a good looking car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

daymobrew wrote:
    I realise that there is a shipping cost and VRT, but would it really add that much to it?
    Shipping Cosy, VRT AND VAT. Would it add that much ? Yes.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Rip off , if you ask me.
    think of what other used car you could get for 40,000Euro.

And the fact that some yank is probably driving around in a BRAND NEW and top of the range version of the same car for significantly less money (and never mind cheaper tax and insurance:rolleyes: ) just wouldnt sit well with me

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Plus it's a left hand drive.

I realise this is hideously patronising, but I shall continue anyway:

We drive on the left hand side of the road here, you should use a right hand drive car, otherwise you are a danger to yourself and others.

spockety wrote:
    Plus it's a left hand drive.

I realise this is hideously patronising, but I shall continue anyway:

We drive on the left hand side of the road here, you should use a right hand drive car, otherwise you are a danger to yourself and others.

Danger ? ah not really though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They are as common as muck in the states and I noticed that even new ones belch out a lot of pollution. Fuel economy is very bad (I think the V6 ~4000 cc) althoug 0-60 is impressive enough at 5.1 seconds (automatic). It just wouldn't be worth paying irish prices on this car especially considering it's left hand drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CorporalCarrot

C_Breeze wrote:
    Rip off , if you ask me.
    think of what other used car you could get for 40,000Euro.

And the fact that some yank is probably driving around in a BRAND NEW and top of the range version of the same car for significantly less money (and never mind cheaper tax and insurance:rolleyes: ) just wouldnt sit well with me

Dude

By that rationale, there is virtually no car you can own since each and every one, including those of all the European manufacturers (its not just the US cars that are cheaper over there), will be a fraction of the price it costs over here.

Take my M3. New here €92k. New in the states $49k. Allowing for currency conversion thats less than half the price. This goes across the board from Daihatsu to Honda to Volkswagen to Audi to Lamborghini to Ferrari to Porsche.

Tell me what you currently drive and how much you paid for it. And I guarantee you that I can make the statement you just made about your own car.

C

Dude

By that rationale, there is virtually no car you can own since each and every one, including those of all the European manufacturers (its not just the US cars that are cheaper over there), will be a fraction of the price it costs over here.

Take my M3. New here €92k. New in the states $49k. Allowing for currency conversion thats less than half the price. This goes across the board from Daihatsu to Honda to Volkswagen to Audi to Lamborghini to Ferrari to Porsche.

Tell me what you currently drive and how much you paid for it. And I guarantee you that I can make the statement you just made about your own car.

C

Nice car the M3
    I see your point and ill admit youre right.

You could have bought 2 M3's in the states for that money , and isnurance tax and Petrol would have been much cheaper too - does that not bother you? -even in the slightest??

why is it that Ireland is such a ripp off?
    I have my eyes on a 350Z which is 65k here 2nd hand , whereas in germany its 40k NEW!!!!! never mind id never get insured on it HERE -Thats insane , i cant undrstand it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 CorporalCarrot

C_Breeze wrote:
    Nice car the M3
    I see your point and ill admit youre right.

You could have bought 2 M3's in the states for that money , and isnurance tax and Petrol would have been much cheaper too - does that not bother you? -even in the slightest??

why is it that Ireland is such a ripp off?
    I have my eyes on a 350Z which is 65k here 2nd hand , whereas in germany its 40k NEW!!!!! never mind id never get insured on it HERE -Thats insane , i cant undrstand it!

It certainly does bother me....but thats just a fact of life here....the VAT and then VRT add 60-70% to cars over 2 litres....but what can you do?

Because no matter what car you buy here....relative to practically anywhere except denmark, finland etc you are getting screwed. But you have no choice. If like me you always dreamed of a car like this, you just have to suck it down.

Oh and just to put the mustang in context; the 350z starts @ $27,450 in the US and the most expensive, grand touring version with all the bells and whistles is just $35k (€28k).

http://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/ModelHomePage/0,,126240,00.html?destination=VLP&modelName=z

:)

Personally having seen several in the flesh, I think the mustang looks fabulous (and I normally hate US cars) and it would certainly be pretty unique on irish roads. I think its not bad value actually considering its a 4 litre engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Mac 3

I saw the pics of this Mustang when it was launched and the next time I was in the states, I made it my business to rent one. Got a 4 liter convertible for cruising highway 1 in california. Great car, good looking, quick (ish) and a cool interior that harks back to the 60's mustang. It did like a drink though but petrol was cheap compared to here.

That mustang is in Bolands, they also have a black convertible, about €59k is the asking price...

Advertisement