Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home entertainment advice

Options
  • 06-01-2006 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello folks ! hope you are all well !

need some advice on a living room crisis ! basically moved into new flat, and have to decide what cable/broadband package to go for, preferrably as low cost as possible. am I right in saying ntl is my best option ? i have some questions,

do i need landline for ntl broadband ?

should I mix and match ? ie eircom/bt + smart, digiweb etc ?

used to be into online gaming (before recenlty moving to dublin), would like to get back into it, which bb is best for gaming ?

cheers muchly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hello folks ! hope you are all well !

do i need landline for ntl broadband ?
    No.

For gaming I dont think theres a huge amount of difference between BB packages - except dont go for Sat. BB as the ping times are terrible.

Irish Broadband also offer BB with no landline but I think there have been a lot of bad reports from users - have a look around the Broadband forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

you dont need a phone line for ntl, but if you need a phone service go for VoIP, like www.blueface.ie
    ;)

Advertisement