Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Hate my course

• 06-01-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

hey Im a 3rd yr on my year abraod , which is a mandatory part of my course. Now the thing is I hate it abroad , as the college here is crap, social life is even worse and im just not enjoying it- Id much rather be back home and studying in DCU.
    I have exams coming up next week and im pretty sure ill fail them.
    I think i have the option to transfer to a similar course that doesnt require the year abroad , but esseantailly ill be repeating 3rd yr if i do.

Now my question is how does that stand with the fees when you repeat a year?
    I heard you have to pay the full course fees of something like 8000.

Anyone know anything about it? or in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

i've a girlfriend doin IBL German/spanish and shes in spain at the mo, and she says its tough too.. you've only a couple of months left would ye not stick at if you like doin the rest of your course at home? its only 5 months or so left abroad??

fees for the year work out at bout 5000

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If you are in any doubt get in contact with your course, or someone on it that has information. It's important they know smoething like this as it will effect your results etc.

It sucks not to be enjoying it,but for the sake of not adding a year to your degree, try stick it out!

Good luck.

Oh, and there are certain ways in which you can repeat without having to pay, dunno what excatly they are though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

One of the ways is if you submit an extrenuating circumstances form and have backup from doctors/councilors saying you couldnt complete the year/exams for medical reasons they board usually just defer your results and say you can repeat without having to pay your repeat fees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Get in touch with your year head, no point telling them after you fail everything.

I did erasmus for semester 2 last year but I didn't have to pass the exams in france to get into 4th year, maybe it's the same for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Contact the International Office in DCU, talk to them or else talk to your year abroad coordinator. I spent my year abroad in Germany and it was the best part of my college experience, so sorry to hear it isnt workin out. Talk to the people in the know, they'll help you out

• Advertisement
Advertisement