Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband and cbl tv

• 06-01-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hello folks ! hope you are all well !

need some advice on a living room crisis ! basically moved into new flat, and have to decide what cable/broadband package to go for, preferrably as low cost as possible. am I right in saying ntl is my best option ? i have some questions,

do i need landline for ntl broadband ?

should I mix and match ? ie eircom/bt + smart, digiweb etc ?

used to be into online gaming (before recenlty moving to dublin), would like to get back into it, which bb is best for gaming ?

cheers muchly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you want or have cable TV, then NTL BB is the cheapest. Otherwise, Smart. Both have limited availability. Call them to see if they're available. You don't need a landline with NTL and Smart do BB inc rental for €35 a month.

I'm assuming you can't get wireless BB like Digiweb's Metro if you're in an apartment, so failing the above, BT Ireland is your best bet.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, NTL would be a good option. No you don't need a telephone line to get NTL, it comes over your NTL cable. They have three packages available at the moment:

1m/100k = €25
    2m/200k = €30
    3m/300k = €40

Whichever you pick they give you the 3m/300k free for the first 3 months (downgrade after that if you like) and free equipment and install.

The cable TV costs €19.50 for 17 channel analgoue, you can attach this to multiple TV's/VCR's etc.

If you like you can get NTL digital with over 100 channels for an extra €10 per month.

Also if you want to be able to make and receive phone calls, then you can get a VoIP from www.blueface.ie, they have packages where you get unlimited local and national calls at anytime for just €15 per month and other cheaper packages, no line rental is required.

If you can't get NTL BB, then Smart or BT Ireland would be good alternatives (though you can't get TV from them).

Advertisement