Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further confirmation from Eircom :D

• 06-01-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Possible disruption to your broadband service
    We will be upgrading our broadband service on Friday 20th January 2006 between 22:00 until Saturday21st January 2006 at 20:00. This work is to facilitate giving our DSL customers higher downstream and upstream bandwidths on their accounts. If you are an eircom broadband customer in one of the areas listed below, you may experience a disruption to your broadband service.

DSL traffic will be affected for approximately 20 hours
    All DSL Enabled Sites Will Be Affected
    :D:D:D
    Link:http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=25&E=0000000000007458720&K=4752&SXI=4&case=8778&branch=4
    Unless the cookies kill it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Ah thats great, I knew it was coming but its nice to hear it from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

\o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's a long down time for a simple (or in the case of eircom) not so simple increase in speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Blanchardstown is getting it done on the 12th WHOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Blanchardstown is getting it done on the 12th WHOOOOOO!!!
    I'd say thats just work in preparation for Saturday. Every other service bulletin for the past month has the same wording as that one.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm wondering if my current 28kbps download speeds have anything to do with these upgrades. This **** is beginning to happen a little too often for comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 aob

Blaster99 wrote:
    I'm wondering if my current 28kbps download speeds have anything to do with these upgrades. This **** is beginning to happen a little too often for comfort.

That's what I'm hoping too, my connection has been fine until the past week, slow as hell, 26kbps down, 46kbps up, I'm hoping it's just due to the upgrading and will be fixed before the 20th :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

now, i know this is supposed to be for all their bitstream products, but does that mean that all bitstream resellers will get the u/g at the same time (e.g. BT, UTV etc.) too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

They did last time (afaik...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

vibe666 wrote:
    now, i know this is supposed to be for all their bitstream products, but does that mean that all bitstream resellers will get the u/g at the same time (e.g. BT, UTV etc.) too?
    They have no choice unless they throttle the connections at their end. Very doubtful though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement