Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 Bounty for some PHP Code

Options
  • 06-01-2006 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

For a tenner???

For a tenner you will get 5-15 minutes of a decent PHP programmers time. I'm a mediocre PHP programmer and I'd give you 15 minutes for that fee - because I like you. Writing and testing a prog to your spec will take much longer than 15 minutes. They would have to read your code, understand it, devise the algorithm, code it, integrate it, test it - you get the idea. Up your budget and you might get a result.

Or write the code yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Would probably be more simple to do it with cookies than a whole lot of IP-related malarky... you could save yourself a lot of bother by changing your approach IMO.

(also 10 euro is laughable)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

the IP route wouldn't be the best because most people use dynamic IP's. So that kinda blows up in the air if you use it. As DonkeyStyle said cookies is your best bet. I doubt you'll find someone to do it for a tenner. You should be able to find code on the net fairly easily for php cookie advertising....(i'd imagine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

if the script is to not show members ads anymore surely there is an easier way than tracking IP

if someone is registered to a system, surely you can track their session and not display an ad when a session is present

i might have misread that but what can ya do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

€10 lol I wouldnt even turn on my computer for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

lol well i think since the site has a forum, the forum will generate a sessionID it should be doable to purely check is the person is a user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

daveirl wrote:
    Not based upon the criteria you gave, there’s a bit of functionality there so it’s not like it’s simply two lines of code. Add to that time spent talking to you and testing the code and it’s over 10 min. And even if it were only 10 min, you’d have to be bothered to drop everything for a tenner.

My advice; translate your request in Hindi or Moldavian and post it on another site... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

The description also isn't very good.

10euro is, frankly, laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

The IP address solution probably wouldnt be much good to you as most peoples ip changes each time they log on.
    your best bet would be to read the http referal header and alocate a session cookie based on that. therefore anything coming from any of the main search engines could be shown ads.
    Try a posting on the sitepoint forums, www.sitepoint.com
    The people there are generally very helpful, although you will get on better if you have shown some sort of effort in tackling the problem yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

daveirl post your request on http://www.scriptlance.com

You'll get it done for €10 :)

Advertisement