Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain question

Options
  • 06-01-2006 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

hi

over xmas i was looking at domains to buy... i found a nice .com i wanted to buy... and it was available ...but i left it till after xmas...
    Now some b*stard has has gone off and registered it - sh*t! (seems like its just to hold and try to sell off)

anyhow my question is there any way of telling how many searchs are done on a domain.?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Fortune

Use DigitalPoint.com's keyword suggestion tool to check out the Overture and WordTracker scores for the domain. Just go to;

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

yeah well you can use that to track the number of times a keyword is searched. you cant track the domain itself

Yes you can. Just enter 'Whatever.com' as a keyword. It will display how many times people search for the domain each month/day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

in all fairness who searches for the actual domain name

most people just type it into the address bar once they know it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

in all fairness who searches for the actual domain name
    A lot of people judging by our web stats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

there is a difference in searching for a company that you know who offer a product or service to searching for a product or service from a company who you are yet to hear of.....hense the two different search options. I search by a companys name to find their website....how else would i do it?

Lots and Lots of people actually enter in the domain name in a search to find the website, rather than logically entering it into the address bar (which would save time).

To gain an understand of how many people actually do type in addresses into search engines take a look at these;

google.com 283,469.9/day
    yahoo.com 323,100.6/day
    amazon.com 61,728.0/day

If your website is fairly popular, most likely some people are searching for your domain name on Google or Yahoo or some other search engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

tbh, sometimes I'll search for a domain when I'm not 100% sure of the url... like if there's a dash somewhere in it (or not), or I can't remember whether it was a dot com/org/net/co.uk or whatever.
    A lot of the time I see other people doing it, it's because the browser homepage is set to a search engine that steals cursor focus into its search box... so they just type away, and in the end they still get there.

Advertisement