Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3 networks pay as you go service

• 06-01-2006 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

does anyone know when 3 is launching its 'pay as you go' service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

cant see them doing this in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well yhey do offer it in the UK and they are preety fast at bringing out services
    my guess end of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

off topic but video calls aren't included in the minutes anymore :(

ya i know its a sickener hopefully they will include it in the minutes in the futute (im not in a 3G area but they said they will do it soon)
    just out of curiousity on vodafone is the video calls included in the minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

The offer was until the end of December

Still getting the free downloads though - I never did much video calling anyway...

• Advertisement

Jam Man wrote:
    The offer was until the end of December

Still getting the free downloads though - I never did much video calling anyway...
    well you have to pay for somethings but most of the stuff is free and that will never change
    anyone else like happy tree friends its fair good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

off topic but video calls aren't included in the minutes anymore :(
    Since when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote:
    Since when?

jan 1st. check it yourself. ring up to find out how many minutes you have left and where it used to say "you have x voice or video minutes left" it now says "you have x free voice minutes left"

do vodafone offer video calls in their minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jan 1st. check it yourself. ring up to find out how many minutes you have left and where it used to say "you have x voice or video minutes left" it now says "you have x free voice minutes left"
    Don't matter as I don't know anyone with a video phone. Pity as I was going to buy the wife a video phone. Don't think I shall now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Minutes with Vodafone can be used for video calls.

I think 3's efforts over Christmas was a bit dissapointing to be honest; no PAYG offer, new handsets for the UK weren't made available for Ireland except the V3, no dedicated 3 stores, they don't seem too pushed on the irish market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

1huge1 wrote:
    do vodafone offer video calls in their minutes

Video calls are included with Vodafones minutes - they make no distinction between voice and video calls

pj_samba wrote:
    Video calls are included with Vodafones minutes - they make no distinction between voice and video calls
    i suppose 3 make up for it when it comes ro content on 3 online and most of it is free
    hopefully in the future they will include video calls in the minutes permantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

1huge1 wrote:
    well you have to pay for somethings but most of the stuff is free and that will never change
    anyone else like happy tree friends its fair good
    Yeah, I love Happy Tree Friends, it used to be on MTV.
    3 could improve there portal by adding say Sky News as a stream, one that just loops with the main news of the day, like what is already on Voda. Voda will probably launch full on TV channels available as streaming content once the licencing issues are sorted, Orange UK broadcasts the terrestrials on its portal already AFAIK.

As for its prepay service, I think they are going to launch soon, it has been mentioned that dialing "444" gets you the topup system. Dialing 333, pressing 1 and selecting the option "check your current balance" would imply that they are setting up the systems in the back end first, which makes sence.

As for threes service in Ireland, I believe they are spending the majority of there time rolling out the rest of there network, they already have Dublin fully covered and most of the rest of the countries population (main cities etc). Once they have a satisfactory network they will then port the rest of the services being operated in britain and other countries to Ireland. It makes sence to wait till there network can handle the volume of traffic that will be generated by the extra customers using 3Pay. I suppose you could consider us 3 Bill Customers, Beta Testers for there network. We are the ones that will notice problems and other issues, and report it back to the company. I am egar for them to launch there 3Pay service so that I can get many of my friends to switch, assuming that they will be cheaper then the other networks.

ya they are rolling out there 3G network very fast
    already killing vodafone
    look at this article it shows how good a job there doing
    http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Jan2006/2480.htm

Advertisement