Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tool DVDs

• 06-01-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Well I have in my sweaty little hands a copy of Schism and a copy of Parabola on DVD. Well actually Schism is in the DVD player. I'm sure you're all familiar with both videos, they look stunning in DVD quality as expected. There's audio commentary (David Yow of the Jesus Lizard/Tomahawk on Schism, Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys on Parabola) but don't expect anything sensical from it. So far I've only watched the Schism DVD. There's a remix of Schism (audio only) on the disc by Lustmord and **** me, it is fantastic. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I think he's done a masterful job on it. Quite droney and atmospheric but enough of the original structure in it to keep it familiar (although it's over 20 minutes long!). It's a rare example of a great remix.

Time to watch Parabola!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the stickers on both DVDs say that the new album is due in spring.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Didn't even know they were coming out.

All I have to ask, is it Spring yet?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

16 weeks according to an ad for the Daily Star I saw earlier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sweet i was looking for those. just had a birthday (yesterday) so i have money! woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

where'd you get em man? i couldnt find em anywhere, probably gonna get em online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

One of my mates got a limited edition DVD a couple of years ago with all the tool videos. Includng the earlier black and white one, i forget the name(Is it Prison sex?) Anyways it was dressed up in a box within a box within a box with a Kickass design reminiscent to the lateralus art. And i couldnt back it up properly (for him) either. The chapter structure was weird and certain videos were hidden.

"Stinkfist" was by far my favorite and was my first taste of Tool, which was weird at first but eventually... i could dig it.

Here it is:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000541I5/002-6664577-3114405?v=glance&n=5174

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've got Salival. I remember feeling all pimp ass getting it in New York when no one here had it. It's got Hush, Prison Sex, Sober, Stinkfist and Aenema on it and a CD of live songs, alternative versions, unreleased songs and covers too. And a gorgeous little book. Well worth tracking down for anyone who even half likes Tool.

i've heard/seen it (possibly through illegal interweb activities) but would much rather own it, but at some sort of decent price. especially considering tool are one of my favourite bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

John2 wrote:
    the stickers on both DVDs say that the new album is due in spring.

YEAH!
    Cannot wait for it!
    Wasn't it supposed to be released last year?

munky wrote:
    YEAH!
    Cannot wait for it!
    Wasn't it supposed to be released last year?

Not as far as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Just ordered them from ama$on.com

/waits by letter box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

"Schism" and "Parabola" DVDs will be released in the UK on February 6th...so I might hold off purchasing via the net...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

All going well, there will be some tourage during the summer. Roll on the live show :)

dabhoys wrote:
    All going well, there will be some tourage during the summer. Roll on the live show :)

Once it's not during August :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

They always seemed to tour Europe early in the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Most Americans despise the European winter. Fools.

dabhoys wrote:
    They always seemed to tour Europe early in the summer

Past performance does not reflect future results.

new album is currently at mixing stage with a video and artwork being worked on now... so at least the music is pretty much done and now being tweaked for cd purchasement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

yay!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

is it being tweaked for a nice early downloadable leak too? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

evad_lhorg wrote:
    is it being tweaked for a nice early downloadable leak too? ;)

oho you,you poor poor naieve fool!
    Dont you remember how Tool thwarted you all last time?

• Advertisement

I remember the sing-a-long classic "Poopy the Clown"

Advertisement