Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SE W800i Memory Problem

• 06-01-2006 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

I got the phone today and I tryed to copy songs but I only could get about 5 songs on it so I think the songs are going onto the phone and not the memory stick.

How do I change this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That sounds like a bug with the firmware. The first lot had problems transferring to the memory stick. When connected to the PC, you cannot transfer to the phone memory. Run the Sony Ericsson Update Manager on it, and it should fix it up for you. That or use a memory card reader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I tried to update my phone and this is what happened:

http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image17be.jpg

Tryid it 3 times and same problem

EDIT:
    Worked 4th time but still same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The phone itself should show us as a removable drive in My Computer. Can you add more songs through that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Strange. I had that problem at first but the update fixed it.

What I would recommend, as ciaranfo said, is to try adding via the Removable Drive in My Computer. Music goes in the MP3 folder. It follows the format Artist\Album

I used Disc2phone and the files show up on My Computer >> Removable Drive >> MP3 but I cant find them on my phone?

Try the other way as well but same result.

• Advertisement

(based on my k750i experience)

If you pull the phone from the USB cable without using the Windows XP "safely remove hardware" then the memory stick will be "locked" on the phone. Turn the phone off and on again and it should show up in the phone.

Yeah it was there once I turned on & off my phone. Thanks lads

Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" icon in your system tray next time and you won't have to reboot the phone each time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

you dont need to reboot the phone, just take the memory card out and put it back in again when the phone is on.

only if you forget to us the 'safely remove hardware' option ;)

Advertisement