Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords

• 06-01-2006 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,
    Have a similar post on the dublin city thread but got a bit of stick cos swords isnt indublin city.

Just bought an apartment off the plans for the swordscentral complex, it's next door to the garda station on main st where the superquinn used to be.
    Does anyone have any news / views / info on the complex or surrounding area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

Was looking for one of those but they all sold out straight off the plans or did they? Who's the selling agent?

Great location, facilities everywhere, great access to roads and transport. You can't go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

It was/is a joint venture between Hooke & MacDonald and Gunne.
    As far as i know they all sold but im sure the builder kept a few back to sell later on when the property price goes up

It was/is a joint venture between Hooke & MacDonald and Gunne.
    As far as i know they all sold but im sure the builder kept a few back to sell later on when the property price goes up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 swarms

yeah I bought an apartment there too, construction seems to be going well on it. The area is nice (I live in Swords) theres a bank and a restaraunt right across the road, it backs onto the pavillions shoppig centre which is very handy.

Have you heard any more on when it might be ready? The original time given was September 2006, but as we all know building work is seldom on time..

Hi Swarms,
    Nice to hear from a future neighbour.
    I contacted Gunne a while back and they said its still on course for Autumn 2006. Theres a sign up sayin the Penneys shop will be open Late 2006 so that'l keep the pressure on the builders but they'll probably take their time with the apartments.

Which block did you buy in?

• Advertisement

Yeah, its a good thing that theres a commercial element in the construction it tends to speed things up.

I bought in Tower hall, the first block released thats overlooking the main road. Can't wait for it to be finished:D

I guess we will be neighbours so, im in tower hall too.

I got my solicitor to try suss out the service charges but couldn't get anything concrete from them. They did say that the commercial tennants will be footing most of the bill and that it should keep our costs down. I'l believe that when I see it but here's hoping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

u2gooner wrote:
    I guess we will be neighbours so, im in tower hall too.

I got my solicitor to try suss out the service charges but couldn't get anything concrete from them. They did say that the commercial tennants will be footing most of the bill and that it should keep our costs down. I'l believe that when I see it but here's hoping!

Theres a legal action planned questioning the charging for services in residential areas by private companies. The council/corporation is responsible for this not commercial companies.

It would be wise to keep track of this issue.

Thanks Karlito

I dont mind paying the charge as long as a good job is done in maintaining the apartment buildings, the problem is that those companies invariably charge too much foir their services and/or dont do a good job.

I know of a man who sued one such company in court because of a unjustifiable increase in the yearly fee. He documented and took pictures of the so-called maintenance job being done, bins not taken out, delapedated corridors and damage left unfixed. I wish I could remeber the details of it properly... but in any case I think he won the case and it threw up a torrent of people following suit

• Advertisement
Advertisement