Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elfen Lied, what did you think of it?

Options
  • 06-01-2006 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

This was the first Anime I have ever watched I thought it was great! Am I the only one? What did you guys think of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

An interesting watch.... but sort of predictable I thought. I foresaw much of what was going to happen, although often it was executed in a manner that I had not imagined.
    Perhaps a bit much on the ol' fanservice, eh?

I found it odd that
    Lucy was forgiven by Kouta, despite slaying his entire family. I mean, would you?

What exactly did you like about it? The drama? The action? The gratuitous nudity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭J2DaC

I found it to be something out of the ordinary and had a peculiar storyline. It was the first Anime Ive ever watched and didnt know what to expect to be honest.

There was a bit unnecessary nudity, but you know those japaneese! :p
    Your right, he forgave her after her obliterating his whole family! That was a tad wierd.

The action scenes were very bloody, which tickled my fancy. The characters were very pliable (is that the right word) and I thought it worked well with the story. I havent watched another series since it. Would you recommend a few for me to watch?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

"Pliable" would mean they were easily changed, probably not the word you meant. I think you meant that the characters were well developed (which they were) and maybe you felt endeared to some of them (Nana was quite endearing).

Depends what you want to watch next. I have a large list of recommendations, but, for example, you may not be into the high-drama of AIR (which, though excellent, is as depressing as hell). Some things you should see regardless (and this thread has more) are:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Trigun
    FullMetal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell (The movies, and the series, which is "Stand Alone Complex")
    Rurouni Kenshin (The first 2 'movies' first (a.k.a. Samurai X), then the series)

All good action-y series and movies, although the movies all have some philosophy stuff going on it them (which I enjoy).

If you want some comedic stuff, or generic harem stuff (lots of girls after 1 guy - there are LOTS of these :D), or maybe some drama/romance (they often go together), then just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Elfenanime

I like this movie, very nice :D

Do you recommend AIR? Im gonna check that out soon. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Lillium

I love the series so far,I just bought the 3rd and 4th, I don't know how anyone would hate it!
    BEST series ever.
    My personal favorite, but now I have to wait till tommorrow to watch it!
    Totally hott artwork too.
    Who said that if it's nude it has to be hentai?
    super uber 5 stars.

Thats exactly how I felt the first time I watched it!

Advertisement