Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structured Insulated Panels

Options
  • 07-01-2006 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Has anybody built a house from Structured Insulated Panels?(made from two sheets of 4x8 plywood or OSB with urethane insulation sandwiched between the two sheets. So you get a strong insulated panel capable of bearing loads. The whole house, roof included can be built from these and the build process is very fast.
    I'm interested in feedback form anybody that has used this process? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Hi Fingalian
    Havent built with them but have just got planning and negotiating with a supplier of SIP boards. I think this is a superior product especially with the speed of erection and the saving on heat bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

can i get contact details of supplier/manufacturer you are talking with

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I saw these on Grand Designs a yeare or two ago, looks good.
    what is the comparable cost like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Have you any info, I am just starting a basement in ICF www.polarwall.ie and I would be interested to find out more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

The company I am dealing with is The Timber Frame Company in Wexford town (TTFC). They are approved supplier of the kingspan tek system. Looking at about 100000 including vat for 3,400 sq foot dormer. Quite competitive when you look at the prices of some of the more highly insulated timber frame houses. Also will be only about 1/3 rd of heating costs. SPoke with somebody who built this way. Says it is the way to go. hE USED 2/3 OF A TANK OF OIL FOR THE WINTER AND HIS HOUSE IS 3200 sq foot. I
    am completely convinced this is the way to go. Going to block the outside due to the damp weather we get here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement