Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sabrina Dinan - soul filled voice!

Options
  • 07-01-2006 3:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of this girl? I saw her last week in Ennis where she launched her EP, The Bondi Hotel. She also played Roisin Dubh in Galway on the 2nd of Jan. WOW!! She is fantastic, her voice is pure soul; that of the brokenhearted with the power to break hearts. Her lyrics are pure poetry and the music she writes to accompany her lyrics is as evocative as the words themselves. She hypnothises her audience with a voice dripping with soul and brings us through the story of her song as only one who has lived the tale can.

i've looked up her website...pretty impressive girl

www.sabrinadinan.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

Aye, saw her in ennis that night too, she is good alright, got her EP, was not impressed with it, she needs to add more instruments instead of just a guitar and vocals.. she has been around ennis for years and just finished touring with luka bloom. She sounds awful like kt tunsell in my opinion,im afraid people will now just think that she is a rip off of her :/. she will find it hard to break ireland in my opinion :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭redcrew

Ok, I know that everyone is entitled to their opinion and all that but... my opinion is that you are slightly crazy. Did you by any chance put in a KT Tunstall CD when you thought you were listening to THE BONDI HOTEL? I genuinely don't think that they are anything alike. I gave the CD to my friend and he said it sounded kind of like Billie Holliday. That is an opinion that I'd agree more with. Do you not think that her lyrics are good? I'm not trying to get at you, or anyone who may disagree but I think that she is really good. She's also a great guitar player I think. I hope she does really well for herself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Minimo

Hi Sabrina fans,
    I just registered into this board to tell you that I've seen Sabrina in concert last Sunday in Amsterdam, she was the support act for Shawn Colvin.
    Sabrina was just fabulous, I think everyone was quite surprised and impressed by her performance.
    And here's the good news: you can watch her show on http://www.fabchannel.com/, click Concerts and she's high on the list because this was a recent even.
    While you're there, you might as well give Shawn a look and listen too, she was brilliant and mesmerizing.

Minimo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭redcrew

thanks minimo that is brilliant...i've seen her on youtube but dodgy videos...these are great!

Advertisement