Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crayon Shin Chan MOVIE - Any views/comments?

Options
  • 07-01-2006 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else here seen the Crayon Shin Chan Movie – The Adult Empire Strikes Back?

Info here:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2684

Unlicensed, so fansub released by the Anime Coalition can be found on this page: (AnimeCo doesn't have a website, so link to their tracker's page - they only have unlicensed series there, so link is perma-safe!;) )

http://a.scarywater.net/animeco/

Let me start by saying I’ve never been impressed with the dub TV show that is on cartoon channels over here – I could never really see the point of the show and the humour seemed all vulgarity and no content. In fact, I actually only started to download this movie because it came up when I was searching for something else and it had a good seed rate.

And I’m so happy I did!

There’s a good, solid sci-fi story behind it about brainwashing(a few leaps of faith required, but still as good a plot as many you’d see on TV these days) and the characters seem to have believable reactions to the situations they’re put in. There’s a constant parody of Japanese and Western pop culture going on in the movie. The scene with the 5 kids in the hostess bar is just a classic. All-in-all, this movie can be very witty, doesn’t cram moral lessons down your throat(surprisingly does have them – but they aren’t the focus of the movie) and I was surprised 90 minutes had passed when I’d finished watching it.

It isn’t a modern day classic or anything, but I’d definitely highly recommend it to anyone out there.

Anyone else have an opinion on it/has seen it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yea, I posted about this awhile ago.

It's enjoyable, has some really funny moments in it.

Good to see Shin-chan come out of his shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Its ok, but im more a fan of the dub version of shinchan

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I liked it. Surprisingly large number of cock jokes for a kid's movie.

Advertisement