Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Syphon Filter:Black Mirror

• 07-01-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

This game for PSP looks amazing, the graphics, gameplay and sound seem very smooth. The control set up is supposed to be the opposite of goldeneye on the N64

Take a look at the videos and pics, I think it looks great, especially the graphics.
    http://psp.ign.com/articles/679/679367p1.html

Spring Release Date on PSP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

They look very crisp. I just got a PSP and I'm a bit disappointed with the refresh rate in games like GTA, so I hope this isn't as bad. I'm personnally looking forward to Worms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

K-TRIC wrote:
    They look very crisp. I just got a PSP and I'm a bit disappointed with the refresh rate in games like GTA, so I hope this isn't as bad. I'm personnally looking forward to Worms.
    Thats a screen problem, every game will suffer it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea but this games visuals look so good, and yea im looking forward to worms too, there alot of good titles coming out such as, worms, street fighter, godfather, monster hunter, socom, mega man, new gta game but syphon filter looks amazing!

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Thats a screen problem, every game will suffer it.

Does every PSP suffer from this ??

AFAIK yes, they used screen with high response time and very bad black response.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    AFAIK yes, they used screen with high response time and very bad black response.

It seems to be fine with the likes of video playback, be it ripped (mem card) or UMD.

Try watching something with black moving around in a light area, the start of collateral really shows it up when Crusise is walking through an airport with black glasses on.

Anyway, Syphon Filter looks good :D

i just saw a video of syphon filter on ign, wow it looks amazing and i think the analof stick is used for aiming when u zoom in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Very simple question... I've noticed no slowness in refresh rates at all. Is this something mad about Jap PSPs or is it just that Burnout and Wipeout aren't fast enough to show it?

im not sure ive never played wipeout or burnout, maybe its just because developers are putting more work into the games now, since they have gta as a standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

looks amazing and hey gradius 1- 5 is coming out way too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Street fighter is the game I'm most looking forward to :D

whens street fighter out?

syphon filter free beta test for 2.6 !
    check pspupdate.

tell us what its like

oh i havent updated it, i will be once sf3 hits europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Placebo wrote:
    syphon filter free beta test for 2.6 !
    check pspupdate.

Where can I access that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Cabelo wrote:
    Very simple question... I've noticed no slowness in refresh rates at all. Is this something mad about Jap PSPs or is it just that Burnout and Wipeout aren't fast enough to show it?

AFIAK some peaople claim the jap psp's have a better screen as they were manufactured by sharp, while the eu psp's have a lower quality samsung screen. Can anyone confirm this?

i have a jap psp, and im pretty sure alot of jap psps(earlier manufactured ones were sharps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya the earlier japs psp-1000 i think have a different screen to the later and european ones. they are clearer and brighter i think.i have one and you can see a bit of a difference between them and the euro ones.

• Advertisement

Ok this games seems to be getting better and better visually:):)

lighting looks pretty good, lets hope they make a good job of the finished product
    http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682959/imgs_1.html

Advertisement