Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi-discipline inter-club shoot for Charity

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Okay then, to summarise where we are now:
    • The idea (developed from an initial interpersonal challange match) is to have an inter-club, cross-discipline match, which will hopefully be run again in the future by other clubs with other disciplines, perhaps to develop into a kind of for-charity Grand Prix affair. The idea is to get shooters from completely different disciplines to shoot together and get to know one another at a grassroots level, to raise money for charity and to have fun at the same time.
    • For this initial match, however, we'll keep it as simple as we can within the format to learn what works and what doesn't.
    • The first match will take place in Newry, Wilkinstown and Courtlough. Thanks are due to Midlands, Hilltop and other clubs for offering their facilities at a moment's notice, and personally I hope to see them taking on a charity shoot over the August bank holiday as the next match in this vein.
    • At least one team will enter from each of the hosting clubs. Teams from other clubs are warmly welcomed and invited to take part and have fun.
    • Teams of six shooters. Entry fee €30 per head. All proceeds to go to the charity of the winning team's choice. Winning team to be decided by aggregate gunscore.
    • Date: June Bank Holiday (3/4/5 June).
      • Sat June 3 : Fullbore pistol, Newry
        Course of Fire:
        30 Rnds to score, 20 rounds practice.
        5 rnds at 5 mts Time allowed 5 Seconds, strong hand only.
        5 Rnds at 10 mts Time allowed 10 seconds , strong hand only.
        5 rnds 15mts ,15 seconds freestyle,
        5 rnds at 20mts ,15 seconds Freestyle,
        5 rnds at 25 mts 20 seconds.
        Target type B27 Centre on A4 Card, all rounds to score 10/9/8 /5
      • Sun June 4 : ISSF Air pistol, Wilkinstown
        Course of Fire:
        2 sighting cards, as many sighters as you want;
        15 competition cards, two shots per card;
        10 mins preperation time prior to the published start time - no air may be discharged but you may dry-fire the pistol;
        1 hour total time for the 30 shots
        Details every 90 minutes starting at 1000;
      • Mon June 5 : Shotgun, Courtlough (to be confirmed with our man in courtlough)
      • Monday Night : Dinner & Presentation of small prizes somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I think it's worth repeating also is that the format described above allows participants to shoot firearms on club authorisations if they don't have a licence of their own. The clubs listed have authorisations for the types of shooting proposed at that venue.

A lot of debate in this thread has centred on the possibility of using other venues, but unless they have the necessary authorisations, or expect them to have them in place by June, such speculation isn't realy helping.

That looks good - I'll see if I can scratch a team together

So that's WTSC, Newry, Courtlough and DURC preparing to field teams - who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

I will circulate the Comp to some friends in both the Army and Garda, they may be interested in puting in a team.

• Advertisement

The army would definitely drive up the pistol scores, since they've had the last 30 years to practise in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭boudica

Hello, hello Skillig, I think you've been drinking again, you know what the doc said, STAY OFF THE HOPPES 009, it is not good for ya, it makes you to sharp for the others.
    Come back skillig and make us laugh again.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Guys , we have a club meeting this week , with the June Bank Holiday weekend as the proposed date for the comp. So far we have teams from Wilkinstown , Newry , and possibly DURC. , entry details to follow .

Advertisement