Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale suggestion: Posting Item Location

Options
  • 07-01-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

I reckon it should be compulsory for users of the for sale board to post their general location / the item location when selling goods, as its a fairly importand factor when it comes to buying.

Even better would be having users use the location field in their public profile.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I reckon it should be compulsory for users of the for sale board to post their general location / the item location when selling goods, as its a fairly importand factor when it comes to buying.

Even better would be having users use the location field in their public profile.

Yep i'd agree with that.

location is pretty important...when large sums of money are involved i much prefer to meet up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm suprised it's not already compulsory when you post a for sale thread, like the guideline price. I second this motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

It's always my first question on anything I am interseted in , and always part of my post in anything I am selling .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

It IS compulsory as far as i remeber, i never bother as its on my profile anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

think it is compulsary, maybe a return of default text when posting a new thread there, things are getting sloppy recently, or people just assume everyones from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

zabbo wrote:
    think it is compulsary, maybe a return of default text when posting a new thread there, things are getting sloppy recently, or people just assume everyones from Dublin

The one thing I hate is, even though my location clearly says Oranmore, Galway, people are foreving saying to me "I can meet in town tomorrow, I work in d15, etc. etc"

Should be put in the first post, always.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

People not posting their location isn't something that I want to ban and see reported posts for o_O

It's in the recommendations for what to put in when you post, I think taking an "enforcement" approach would be a bit harsh.

Advertisement