Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Playoffs - Where to watch?

• 07-01-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering best place to go watch the games tonight? (don't have SS Extra in the house)

Pats game will be on until approx 4am, so where will stay open? Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

no where will stay open, as there not allowed. Theres some bar in parnell street that seems to show them, dunno if that has a late license though.

Try buskers. Although it being aa saturday night they mightnt be showing it.

actually, you in dublin or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Buskers isn't showing either of the games. I called the Portobello and they're showing it but doubt they'd stay open for all of the Pats game. But should be able to watch the Skins ! Yeaaah, baby !

Actually, does anyone know the name of the sports bar on O'Connell(/Parnell ?) st. that shows a lot of american sports ? Would rather go there if they're showing the matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 munsterskip

Yeah I'm in Dublin Chucky.

IDM, place on O'Connell street is Frasers. I generally go there and they do stay open quite late. Was just wondering if there was anywhere else in Dublin.

The main thing about Frasers, is if there is enough people watching any games, they will generally accomodate you and some times let you stay longer. Prob for me this time is it that the guys I generally watch with are not around, so might lack the numbers to be allowed in later...

Cheers for the replies

Yeah I'm in Dublin Chucky.

IDM, place on O'Connell street is Frasers. I generally go there and they do stay open quite late. Was just wondering if there was anywhere else in Dublin.

The main thing about Frasers, is if there is enough people watching any games, they will generally accomodate you and some times let you stay longer. Prob for me this time is it that the guys I generally watch with are not around, so might lack the numbers to be allowed in later...

Cheers for the replies

Nice one - thanks. The Woolshed Baa & Grill on Parnell street is also showing the skins - not sure about the Pats, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Everywhere has to close at 3am, so yous will definitly miss most of the Pats game.

• Advertisement

IDM, place on O'Connell street is Frasers.

Do you know if they'll have the commentary on ? Just rang the Woolshed & was told it'll be on the big screen but w/o commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭irishraven

If you have broadband just go to http://www.streamtvnow.com and happy days! You will need to have winamp on your pc but it is well worth it!

I have seen every Ravens game this summer and a pretty cool idea is if you have a laptop try get a loan of a projector....believe me, it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

irishraven wrote:
    If you have broadband just go to http://www.streamtvnow.com and happy days! You will need to have winamp on your pc but it is well worth it!

I have seen every Ravens game this summer and a pretty cool idea is if you have a laptop try get a loan of a projector....believe me, it works!

Just got a month subscription of this..........for $3 :eek:

Can't believe it, its very very good.

Just wondering what sort of system do you watch yours on?? I'm only on a 15" TFT at the moment.

I'm seriously considering get a new system so that I can watch this on a very regular basis, especially with the NBA post season coming up in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭akkadian

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Just got a month subscription of this..........for $3 :eek:

Can't believe it, its very very good.

Just wondering what sort of system do you watch yours on?? I'm only on a 15" TFT at the moment.

I'm seriously considering get a new system so that I can watch this on a very regular basis, especially with the NBA post season coming up in April.

I just figured something out. I only checked it today but the group process seems to work like this (correct me if I'm wrong). Points against the last placed team in each group don't count for groups 1-8. This is bad for Ireland as things stand as we've beaten Georgia twice and the're bottom. That means if we get 2nd spot, 6 points are automatically stripped from our total. Georgia have to play Montenegro away on 10th October. If Georgia can win that game, they would overtake Montenegro. Ireland could only manage a draw away to Montenegro, so if Montenegro come last in the group, we would have a max of 4 points stripped from the total. I'm assuming a lot here I know. Ireland might come 3rd or 4th in the group, they can still win it outright. I'm just saying it's in our interests for Georgia to beat Montenegro on the 10th, but then again they conceded 2 suspicious goals against Italy recently, so maybe someone else is looking after their "interests"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

epic_fail.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

akkadian wrote: »
    I just figured something out. I only checked it today but the group process seems to work like this (correct me if I'm wrong). Points against the last placed team in each group don't count for groups 1-8. This is bad for Ireland as things stand as we've beaten Georgia twice and the're bottom. That means if we get 2nd spot, 6 points are automatically stripped from our total. Georgia have to play Montenegro away on 10th October. If Georgia can win that game, they would overtake Montenegro. Ireland could only manage a draw away to Montenegro, so if Montenegro come last in the group, we would have a max of 4 points stripped from the total. I'm assuming a lot here I know. Ireland might come 3rd or 4th in the group, they can still win it outright. I'm just saying it's in our interests for Georgia to beat Montenegro on the 10th, but then again they conceded 2 suspicious goals against Italy recently, so maybe someone else is looking after their "interests"

No way, Favre is past it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

akkadian wrote: »

Writing up a long winded speech 20mins

feeling good about your post 5 mins

realising you put it in the wrong forum Priceless!

FAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭silverwater

Anyone know where I can watch any of the Sunday night games in Galway???
    Have relocated there and miss NFL... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Anyone know where I can watch any of the Sunday night games in Galway???
    Have relocated there and miss NFL... :mad:

I've never been there so I wouldn't be the most reliable but I hear that Foxes in Erye Square has been known to show a few games. Across the Street Garveys according to it's website might show them as well but you'd be best to clarify with them beforehand.

Advertisement