Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeff Stelling - legend

• 07-01-2006 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

turned on soccer saturday earlier and for some reason he did the whole parrot sketch from monty python. Anyone else catch this? The whole studio was in stitches and he got a round of applause at the end.. one of the strangest things i've ever seen on tv...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Brilliant. So disappointed I missed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Indeed a legend. Comfortably the best sports presenter on telly, apparently turned down a big ITV offer during the summer. Makes the sky subscription worthwhile all on his own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, he's great. I miss Rodney Marsh on Soccer Saturday though :( He's so blunt about everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Marsh is the Dunphy of Sky Sports, my views and his tend not to match very often too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He has absolutely no tact whatsoever, which makes him a joy to listen to imo.
    Remember when he said he'd shave his head if Bradford stayed in the Premiership a few years ago? Then on the last day of the season he had to get it done when they stayed up :p
    And also, the season before last (when Wigan were playing the first season in the Championship and nearly made the play-offs) he said on Soccer Saturday that they might as well stay down there, or something to that effect. The following week, Jeff Stelling had a paper from Wigan that had the headlines "Rodney - You twat!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Rodney was great, its a pity that he couldn't come back. I don't think that many people would care about what he said that actually watch the show. I am not condoning what he said but I thought it was just a bit of humor.
    But Soccer Saturday when presented by Jeff Stelling really is the best soccer show on the tv. I would love to see a blooper real of that show, some of the Chris Camara stuff is brilliant as well. I remember a few Xmas ago they done something like that on Xmas day. I would love to see it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

"and I'll tell you what, Jeff, I know whats wrong with me...."

That phrase still grates.... no matter who asked the question, he used to tell only Jeff what he thought :D

The main thing wrong was the sarcasm detector was always set to nil when Rodney spoke. You heard what he mouthed, you laughed, you realised he was earnestly serious, you laughed some more!

I think this Christmas was the only one I didnt see a blooper reel on SS.

Jeff is a legend. He's very very good. I'm glad he's got promoted to presenting Monday Night Football. Ian Payne has been a let down since he moved from Radio 5 Live, and I wasnt surprised when he's been relegated to "Playball" (pfft!) and Sky Sports News. From daytime presenter and the biggest presenter on BBC Radio Sport to zero.

Jeff is gonna be stuck next year when TNS changes their name...
    "and they'll be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" is a legendary catchphrase.

Advertisement