Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got New NTL modem upgrade

• 07-01-2006 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭

Just got the new NTL 250 modem upgrade.

Installers say that speeds are going up '8 or 9 megs from end of February'.

'The company name may not switch to UPC and stay as NTL'

Speed still at 2.97 megs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's going to 8 or 9Mb or it's going up 8 or 9Mb? If it's only going to 8Mb I'm not as impressed as if it were at 10Mb tbh. Disappointed NTL, Disappointed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Hrmm after having a proper quiz of the installer who was in my place replacing the modem, they don't have a sweet notion wtf is going on. My installer guy recon'd i'd get the upgrade when he plugged in the new modem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 henry828

Had my modem replaced today also. Engineer said that speed upgrades wont be til end Feb/early March. He also said that the top package will be going up to 9 meg. Dont know about the other packages.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

henry828 wrote:
    Had my modem replaced today also. Engineer said that speed upgrades wont be til end Feb/early March. He also said that the top package will be going up to 9 meg. Dont know about the other packages.

Dont forget that NTL use a lot of contractors for house visits so bear that in mind when these guys make their predictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

These modem upgrades are they only for the 3meg customers or is everyone getting a new modem? I'm currently on the 2meg package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i think it just depends on what modem you have...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

It looks like mostly the older style modems are being upgraded, I have mine over 3 years now ill almost b sry to see it go..... Its served me well :)

Its the Terayon TJ210

Misty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I have the Ntl home 200 silver one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Installer didn't seem to know 100% so I deliberately quoted him above.

I'm on the 3MB and he said that I would be going to '8 or 9 megs'.

He said old modem can only handle '3 megs tops'.

Advertisement