Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STI Tests in Galway

• 07-01-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I hope someone can give me an answer.
    Wanting to get a test done just to be safe.
    i see that the University college hospital offers tests by appoinment only, does that mean that you dont have to wait for like 2-3 hours?
    also
    Does anybody know any private doctors in the Galway city area which carry STI tests out?
    Thanking you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I think the Family Planning Clinic on Augustine Street is the best place to go for anything to do with sexual health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

but im not planning on having a family :)
    Could you give me some more information about the place please.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

"Galway Family Planning Centre, Lismoyle House, Augustine Street, Galway. Tel:
    091 562 992" - got that when I googled it. Anyway, I had the coil fitted in there a couple of years ago and was tested for everything while i was there. I also get a yearly check-up since that, where they routinely test for everything, including a cervical smear, which you should be getting every year if you are sexually active. They are really very good and helpful with information about all aspects of sexual health, not just pregnancy. Although, if you don't have a medical card it could be expensive. As far as I know the STI clinic is free in the University Hospital. I don't know anything about the way they handle appointments or waiting times, but it's no harm to ring up and enquire in either place. Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

this link should help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks for the link mike but im male :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If you're still in college, NUIG's health centre will do STI checks for you.

Advertisement