Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS Problem in Firefox

Options
  • 07-01-2006 7:52pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with one page on a website I'm currently working on.

The page displays perfectly in IE and Opera but firefox completely mangles it :mad:

http://demo.raviosoftware.com/profile.asp?memID=65

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. It's taken 3 months to get to this stage, perhaps I was a little ambitious aiming for a table-free design.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

There's always a fix for your layout :). Take a look at the image attached. The clue to the cause of the problem is circled. It appears the end of a comment is appearing on the page. Taking a look at your source, I can see that the comment is on line 1093:
    <!--Footer bar options below as <li> items-->

Firefox seems to be counting <li> as an actual list item, so changing that line to:
    <!--Footer bar options below as li items -->

fixes that problem, but this leads to another problem.

Line 1024 is as follows:
    <!--END FILLER

An unclosed comment. Changing this line to:
    <!--END FILLER -->

fixes that problem and makes the layout usable in Firefox.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Serbian, you're a star. Well spotted, making those 2 changes completely fixed the css part of the page. I think I'd been looking at that page for so long I was starting to suffer from tag blindness.

Now all I have to do is work out why the ASP (thats supposed to make those 2 columns contain the same number of answers) isn't working properly.

The filler is only supposed to appear if there's an odd number of answer e.g. 11 answers would be 6 answers in the left column, 5 answers and a filler in the right column.

Thanks again Serbian, much appreciated.

Advertisement