Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Chance offers and My messages

• 07-01-2006 8:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

My messages is designed to filter all spoof mails. However there is a limit to the amount of mails it can recieve so for high volume sellers this is an obvious prob. But as emails go to your registered email address and your 'my messages' you can keep track.

The one fraud scam which can be recieved in your my messages is when a fraudulent sellers emails underbidders with a fake second chance offer (normally demanding a deposit to secure it as the original winning bidder pulled out) The email address they use will be slightly altered from the actual sellers registered email address which you can check.

E.g.

Davidgerard@slushpuppy.nl would be replicated very similarly to daviidgerard@slushpuppy.nl for instance.

Advertisement