Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jag XJ electric seat swich, WTF?!?

Options
  • 07-01-2006 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

in a 2000 jag xj lwb v8 today a beauty of a car i was in the back of the car at one stage behind the front passanger seat and the switch for adjusting the seat was in front of me here's. so if the person who is in the seat wants to go up or down has to reach behind the seat to adjust it. Why put the switch there? the only reason i could think of is if the car is being used as a wedding car and the bride needs more leg room for her dress, any ideas why it would be put there?!?!?

DSC00020.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

which do u reakon is better the jag or the s500 and why?
    crazy place for a switch alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

the jag feels like a flagship rover 800 while the merc is a merc ya know its the king of the hill in the motoring world.

plus the jag is too low to the ground i smacked my head getting out of it.

And it hasnt got the build quality of the german rivals ( i.e. poor interior quality)

Mercedes-Benz S500 all the way.

i thought so, they are a class car in there own way and cheap now, very cheap

the style of the car hasnt changed much it can be traced back to the 70's. theyre cheap alright and the parts and labour ain't. they dont do high mileage very well, unlike mercs , most taxis are mercs and i can only think of seeing one Xj as a joer.

Id disagree on the high miles thingy, i knew a guy who had one till 150000 miles and it was flawless. the one weakness was the early v8s i think from 98 on or something, suffered with bore wear from nikasil liners. the straight six was a bulletproof engine and the gearboxes are good to 150000 miles just like merc, the electrics are also pretty reliable on the xj6, not sure about the v8s though, things got more complex as the years went on..

tbh id b less afraid mechanically of a jag than a merc, not sure why, mayb psychological, but no doubt the s500 is a serious machine, awesome power, sophisticated grace, total refinement, what more could anyone want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the Jag has switches on the back of the seat, but also has them on the side. the switch on the rear of the seat is so that the rear passenger can adjust the front seat to give him more legroom

Thought it was somting like that, grand, i can sleep soundly tonight.

how'd you get in the back of a 2000 jag xj lwb v8 in the first place?

lets just say it had somthing to do with balaclavas, wearing black, shotguns, and sliding over bonnets,

out on a test drive with my uncle,.

Volvoboy wrote:
    lets just say it had somthing to do with balaclavas, wearing black, shotguns, and sliding over bonnets,

out on a test drive with my uncle,.

your uncle like all that kinda kinky stuff?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ok smartarse. you took that up the wrong way (No Pun Intended). Ever see cop shows of the 1970's, NO? The baddie always drives a Jag. I know i didnt need to tell you that but i felt that it was fitting that you insinuated that me and my uncle was up for some bum fun.:)

it was fitting? ok that's enough of that!

what a fantastic car though.

ok that's enough of that!

Agreed.

Yea a beauty first time in one very small in the front seats of the car not much between your head and the windscreen.

Advertisement