Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD player is stolen last night!

Options
  • 07-01-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

My head unit has been stolen last night, which is the third time that happend to me. Just wonder how often do this happen do you or did you ever have the same treble? Do any of you know the best way to prevent this?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Take it with you when you leave the car at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there's not much you can do bar getting an alarm, and a less flashy stereo.

What's the car by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭leonliang

colm_mcm wrote:
    there's not much you can do bar getting an alarm, and a less flashy stereo.

What's the car by the way?

It is Alfa Romeo 156, and she has alarm indeed but there are no signs of they broke into the car, so I think I must forgot to lock it last night. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

leonliang wrote:
    so I think I must forgot to lock it last night. :(

= my problem.

doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

locking usually helps, although why anyone would want a Blaupunkt Grenoble is beyond me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What do you expect if you leave your car open, in fairness like?

I always make sure my car is locked, I have proxomity sensors, and mercury tilt switch, so if someone leans against the car the alarm gives a warning chirp. I try my best to park in a busy, well lit area where the car can be easily seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭leonliang

JohnCleary wrote:
    What do you expect if you leave your car open, in fairness like?

I always make sure my car is locked, I have proxomity sensors, and mercury tilt switch, so if someone leans against the car the alarm gives a warning chirp. I try my best to park in a busy, well lit area where the car can be easily seen.

I always check and make sure my car is locked but yesterday.:mad: ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Hate to scare ye but there's a high likelihood that it's the same tossbags that are coming back to your car - once they figure an MO for a situation, car or area they'll keep doing it.

I had this problem with my own car - proved it when I set up CCTV on it and saw the same dumba$$es come back to it time after time

Best to take the faceplate with you and leave your glovebox lying open for people to see that there's nothing in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Replace it with one with a removable faceplate and get into the habit of removing it (even if you just conceal it as suggested above). Slightly awkward but it'll save you from theft and possibly from entry damage. I had an uncle in London who used to take the head unit out at night (before removable faceplates were commonplace) as his car kept getting broken into.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At the very least, removing the faceplate doesn't (or at least shouldn't) give a would-be thief any clues to value of the stereo. Chances are, he's not going to do it in the hope that you've just put it in the glovebox, and he'll move on.

I'm bad for not locking my car the odd time too. A couple of times I've come home from work, and come outside 6 hours later to realise I forgot to take my bike in (and once I'd left the keys in the ignition :o). I'm lucky that I'm way in the back of a maze of housing estates. Thieves/scumbags just don't wander in that far - it's too difficult to make a quick exit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement