Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Floor Measurements

Options
  • 07-01-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi there, would anyone have the floor measurementw or window measurement of the 3 bed duplexs? When I went looking for them from H&McD/ Builder I was told they don't give them out?, I'd have to wait till I was in. Considering that should have been November and I was hoping to save a few shillings in the Jan sales the measurements would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Aparently the measurements from the builder are the OUTSIDE dimensions of the rooms, so you may need to subtract the thickness of the walls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

They would not give us the measurements either, however when we went to Brertons to get quotes for the carpets, they had the measurements from other 3 beds they had kitted out and they seemed pretty sure they would all be the same.
    It would be worth giving them a shout - even if you are not going with them for flooring just ask for a quote and ask for a copy of it. Don't take it as gospel but it should be close enough.
    We were lucky - ours worked out less on the carpets as the measurements for the one they used had the stairs at the other side (you know the way they are all mirror effect on each other) and apparently our side takes less carpet due to the run of the carpet or something like that.
    Our entrance is on the right when facing the duplexes with your back to superquinn if that is any use.
    Mrs A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 macey

Thanks Mrs A,
    I actually got a quote with Brertons some time ago but they would give me break down of square footage. Plus im hoping to get floor tiles before the end of the month. Hooke and McDonald said they would ring me the next time they are down there so i can measure up. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

macey wrote:
    Thanks Mrs A,
    I actually got a quote with Brertons some time ago but they would give me break down of square footage. Plus im hoping to get floor tiles before the end of the month. Hooke and McDonald said they would ring me the next time they are down there so i can measure up. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one though!

When we were at the beginning of our adventure we rang Hooke and McDonald literally 15 times (i counted)
    Every time bar once i was told they would call me back...........guess how many calls I’ve received from them............0

The one time i spoke to the Charlesland Representative i waited on hold for 22 minutes.

If you want access to measure up, call Orla in Durkin or even better, call the site manager directly. From my experience thay have never had a problem allowing access to your property.
    Apparently there are different site managers so your best off to check the Contacts Thread.
    If he/she is not listed just ask and I’m sure someone has it.

Advertisement