Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! install PSP with Computer

• 07-01-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    i cant install my psp with my computer i bought a usb cable for it and when plugged in windows knows there is a mass storage device but says it needs a driver and i didnt get a disk with it to set it up with. :confused: :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭wba88

Urgent!!! thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

You don't get a disk with the PSP as you don't need one. Don't know what the problem is mate.

how do i send eg. mp3's to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Try format the memory stick on the PSP itself. A folder called MUSIC is created (I'm pretty sure, if not then just create one yourself). And then just copy and paste the mp3 files into the MUSIC folder. Simple as.

[edit: Ah yes, but your PC won't recognise the PSP... hmmm.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

what windows are you running.

• Advertisement

m.e.

thought 95/98 may have needed drivers. what driver does it say it needs specifically?

the m.e. instalation disc or sumthing like that, but i did that and it says no driver for it............very annoyin....need new comp

maybe its something with your usb. you could re-install windows, 40-50 min job(if you have a small windows partition and don't have to back up a load of stuff). or try your psp on another psp to make sure its the pc's fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

ME is built on the same thingummy as 95 and 98, as opposed to XP which is on the NT side of things.

I think older ME machines might just need drivers for mass storage devices generally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I assume that you enabled USB mode on th PSP too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

http://www.republika.pl/mho/ipod/

Worked for me on 98

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

IrishTLR wrote:
    I assume that you enabled USB mode on th PSP too?
    O that would be funny :D

yeah i enabled it.......ill try that link now. thanx

Advertisement