Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to conceal a gas pipe?

Options
  • 07-01-2006 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have a gas pipe I need to box off or bury. Just wondering if anyone knows the regulations regarding this, if I can plaster over it and bury it in the wall, or box it with timber, or plastic etc.
    Please no posts asking why I want to hide a pipe thats so funny.:p
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

AFAIK, there are no rules about boxing in the gas pipe so long as you don't cover any valves.

Take care with copper pipe, if you put too much pressure on it trying to force it into a chase in the wall there is a chance that you can damage a joint, also be careful with the screwdriver you don't want to put a hole in the pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

The regulation is IS813:2002 Domestic Gas Installations. It covers your idea about burying and covering pipework and can be bought online at www.standards.ie.

Advertisement