Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leftover Crack/Choking Victim

• 08-01-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Anyone into the hardcore ska-punkers?
    They're kinda the same band, after Choking Victim split up after their first day recording two of the members went on to form Leftover Crack with two other guys.
    They've basically come straight outta the gutters of NYC. (Don't let this put ya off though).
    You should check em out if ya haven't already heard em.

Ya can download some Leftover Crack here:

http://www.myspace.com/leftovercrackofficial

I couldn't find anywhere to download some Choking Victim stuff but try get your hands on: 500 Channels, Five Finger Discount and Crack Rock Steady.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Check

omg these guys are my two favourite bands!!!!!! they are totally awesome!!!! i so want them to play a gig here someday soon. the song Gang control by Leftover Crack is soo cool.
    its also cool the way they are:

ANTI-RACIST
    ANTI-FACIST
    ANTI-SEXIST
    PRO-CHOICE
    and loadsa other stuff i cant think of now.

good to see more people in ireland into this stuff (though it would suck if everyone got into them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I thought it went from Leftover crack to Choking Victim not the other way around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭StJimmy

I thought it went from Leftover crack to Choking Victim not the other way around?

Nope definitely the other way round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Check

yeah stjimmy is rite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye the drummer from LOC died so they formed Morning Glory
    Two of my favourite punks bands

• Advertisement

Aw yeah heard he died of an overdose or somethin, it sucks!!! :( Didn't know Morning Glory was the new Leftover Crack mind ya. I've heard of them but haven't actually heard them. Are they any good then yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deathbysound

Loads of incorrect information here. Stjimmy you should stop posting crap and especially posting a myspace that does not belong to leftover crack. Stza the vocalist made it clear that leftover crack have nothing to do with myspace and there are multiple fake leftover crack and choking victim myspaces.

They started out as the crack rock steady 7 and from that they developed into Choking Victim. After Choking Victim split(they still play shows now and again) they developed f-minus and from f-minus that developed into leftover crack which involves Stza(Vocals) Ezra(Guitar+vocals), Brad logan(guitar) and various drummers. Brandom died of a heroin over dose just around xmas 2004.
    Morning Glory have absolutely nothing got to do with Leftover crack at all. Morning Glory only has Ezra who does vocals plus guitar, the bass player out of an early 90's punk band and i'm not sure who the drummer is although on there EP 'this is no time ta sleep' Ezra made alot of the drum tracks on computer. Morning Glory have played very little shows and Ezra said at a show and to some people he is working on new songs so that's exciting because every song is in the key of happy even though they are anti-everything songs at times. Ezra had a band before Morning Glory called INDK also which are fantastic.

I have the Choking victim demo, all the recordings, all f-minus songs, all leftover crack song, all morning glory recordings and indk recordings plus videos of all bands. Choking Victim only appeared live on Manhattan TV on the team spider special "Christmas with the victim", I have that on video too.

If you want any stuff let me know but just don't go telling people totally wrong information about the bands especially because there are too many EMO punks and Greenday lovers around here etc, It would be a shame to see muppets around central bank listening to Leftover crack

Ok, ok, ok.
    First of all: That was the only website i could find where ya could download Leftover Crack's songs legally.
    Second of all: I never said Morning Glory had anything to do with Leftover Crack, I was shocked when I heard it myself.
    Third of all: I never said I wanted yer stupid ''Central Bank Kids'' listening to these bands, I just said check em out if ya want.

So calm down, have a clemintine, and take a breather ;)

And also (please correct me if I'm wrong), I do not believe I gave any false information about them.
    And I seriously doubt emo kids would be into this kinda stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 deathbysound

StJimmy wrote:
    And also (please correct me if I'm wrong), I do not believe I gave any false information about them.
    And I seriously doubt emo kids would be into this kinda stuff.

Whether you believe or not is another thing but it's fact that what you say is incorrect. I can get you links to prove this if it's that hard to accept

• Advertisement

Whether you believe or not is another thing but it's fact that what you say is incorrect. I can get you links to prove this if it's that hard to accept

Look, I didn't wanna give the life story of these bands, just a general jist of who/what they are. And ya still haven't told me where exactly I gave this false information. And I never said Leftover Crack had anything to do with MySpace or that it's an official or whatever, it was just a site I found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

You're cool. Will you be my friend?

You're cool. Will you be my friend?

Lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Stuza

Loads of incorrect information here. Stjimmy you should stop posting crap and especially posting a myspace that does not belong to leftover crack. Stza the vocalist made it clear that leftover crack have nothing to do with myspace and there are multiple fake leftover crack and choking victim myspaces.

They started out as the crack rock steady 7 and from that they developed into Choking Victim. After Choking Victim split(they still play shows now and again) they developed f-minus and from f-minus that developed into leftover crack which involves Stza(Vocals) Ezra(Guitar+vocals), Brad logan(guitar) and various drummers. Brandom died of a heroin over dose just around xmas 2004.
    Morning Glory have absolutely nothing got to do with Leftover crack at all. Morning Glory only has Ezra who does vocals plus guitar, the bass player out of an early 90's punk band and i'm not sure who the drummer is although on there EP 'this is no time ta sleep' Ezra made alot of the drum tracks on computer. Morning Glory have played very little shows and Ezra said at a show and to some people he is working on new songs so that's exciting because every song is in the key of happy even though they are anti-everything songs at times. Ezra had a band before Morning Glory called INDK also which are fantastic.

I have the Choking victim demo, all the recordings, all f-minus songs, all leftover crack song, all morning glory recordings and indk recordings plus videos of all bands. Choking Victim only appeared live on Manhattan TV on the team spider special "Christmas with the victim", I have that on video too.

If you want any stuff let me know but just don't go telling people totally wrong information about the bands especially because there are too many EMO punks and Greenday lovers around here etc, It would be a shame to see muppets around central bank listening to Leftover crack

oh **** no can't have people who hang at a bank liking loc.
    they have to be reserved.
    *dies inside*

em yeah correct me if im wrong(and im sure u will)

but no commercial value came before any of them then it was choking v then after them there was the crack rock steady7 and they had the female vocalist from ncv sing on the drug song, which then became leftover crack? (and now star ****ing hipsters might be starting.but nothing yet.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gutless

k
    ..............I like them more than u do:D

Haven't star****inghipsterz gigged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Stuza

well not that i heard of, when they we're suppose to be getting started stza started his acoustic tour n stuff. maybe they have by now im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

No they haven't toured and Stza is away in Mexico trying to get his head together at the moment. L.O.C are supposed to be doing alot of shows when he gets back and are confirmed to play Wasted in August. I'm more interested in Morning Glory new stuff rather than any of Stza's side projects as i've come to the conclucion he's a depressed muppet that needs a kick up the arse.

Ag marbh wrote:
    i've come to the conclucion he's a depressed muppet that needs a kick up the arse.

I dunno about that now. What makes ya say that?

StJimmy wrote:
    I dunno about that now. What makes ya say that?

He's writing songs about suicide and depression when he has the ears of many young people. He could get more POSITIVE messages across and do something productive. Also seeing him talking a few times makes me think hes a bit of an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Fraggle Rocks

Ag marbh wrote:
    He's writing songs about suicide and depression when he has the ears of many young people. He could get more POSITIVE messages across and do something productive.

He could do that, bu he's probably ghouled out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Leftover Crack played galway 2 or 3 years ago with Antimaniax, The Dangerfields and Fuktifino. Great gig, but some of the guys in the band were kinda dicks. Brad form F-Minus was playing 2nd guitar with them and they played and F-Minus song. Half the songs on LOC 1st album are just rip-off of Chocking Victims "No Gods, No Managers album".

Well they are more or less the same band. Leftover crack expirment with metal riffs more so than Choking Victim and they always play Choking Victim songs at gigs anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ravishinrikrude

met a few of the lads on three seperate ocasions had a few drinks and ****, on one hand they're cool but on the other they're a ****in mess seen choking victim in n.y.c. last year play as a three piece, probably the worst performance possible but still a savage gig (stockyard stoics rocked). they're not changin to mornin glory thats just ezra's side project (been around for years) as were INDK(broke up). skwert from choking victim plays the drums in a band called arerican distress (****en deadly).other than that if ya like these bands check out DROPPINBOMBS this thursday the 23rd in the voodoo lounge. infinate shurikens a.k.a. lipstickman and dysfunktional are also playin.its free in and we're gonna cover either nazi white thrash, gang control, S.T.I. or infested. suggest what ya want but its up to flemo its his
    21st
    b-town-lunatikz

met a few of the lads on three seperate ocasions had a few drinks and ****, on one hand they're cool but on the other they're a ****in mess

:eek: Ya lucky ****! How ****ed up are they?

we're gonna cover either nazi white thrash, gang control, S.T.I. or infested. suggest what ya want but its up to flemo its his
    21st
    b-town-lunatikz

Tough decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ravishinrikrude

stza was ****ed in n.y.c. when i was talkin to him, he just seemed rotten, deppressed and drugged up he was in much better condition in morcambe the year before all upbeat and **** but his hand was bandaged up from punching a roof at a show or somethin. ezra is supposed to be a.w.o.l. on the heroin currently can be a nice bloke but was actin the bollox when they played in galway demanding beers from FUKTIFINO and ****. brad is straight edge so he's grand and alec isn't half as ****ed as the other two.

Ro ya little squirrel

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I say yes to Gang Control :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I would kill to see these guys live, I have F*** World Trade and some downloaded tracks by Choking Victim. Top notch stuff

Most of us are headin over to wasted Festival in Blackpool. They're set to play at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. Woohoo, Blackpool.

I say play Infested.

brad is straight edge so he's grand and alec isn't half as ****ed as the other two.

That's weird comoing from a band who sing anti straight-edge music...and so much about drugs.

I'd ****in love to go to Wasted.

StJimmy wrote:
    That's weird comoing from a band who sing anti straight-edge music...and so much about drugs.

I'd ****in love to go to Wasted.

Stza writes the lyrics and hes a yak head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭joenailface

um loc already played in dublin about 2 years ago...but ezra or stza bet some guy in the face with a microphone stand for some reason and then one of the other guys kicked him in the head so no loc in dublin im afraid, oh yea my brother works in a bank and he listens to loc and ive tried loc with most people and um...kids dont get it...older people dont get it and most 'young adults' hate it because its too strange. also as far as im aware choking victim broke up, formed loc, morning glory contains one member of loc, the crack rock steady seven are a crew with f-minus, loc, indk and several other crs bands much like the dms crew pretains to nyc hardcore

ive tried loc with most people and um...kids dont get it...older people dont get it and most 'young adults' hate it because its too strange.

They don't get what?

What's too strange? Their sound/lyrics/way of life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

um loc already played in dublin about 2 years ago...but ezra or stza bet some guy in the face with a microphone stand for some reason and then one of the other guys kicked him in the head so no loc in dublin im afraid, oh yea my brother works in a bank and he listens to loc and ive tried loc with most people and um...kids dont get it...older people dont get it and most 'young adults' hate it because its too strange. also as far as im aware choking victim broke up, formed loc, morning glory contains one member of loc, the crack rock steady seven are a crew with f-minus, loc, indk and several other crs bands much like the dms crew pretains to nyc hardcore
    can you remember where and when exactly they played in dublin??

• Advertisement

why does this post have an exclamation mark icon in the title ? :confused:

There's a choice of icons you can put beside a thread you start ;)

cheers dregin. thought maybe it was marked by the mod or something........

ive no idea when exactly it was, i heard it off my brother whos friend was the lighting engineer at it so i dunno

and to whoever, most people just dont get it...then again most people i know dont like ska or punk or death metal so a combination of all 3 is bound to throw them off, i doubt the know much about the lifestyle. id say its just whining bastards saying 'they dont play powerchords all the time' or 'he cant sing'...some people eh?

ive no idea when exactly it was, i heard it off my brother whos friend was the lighting engineer at it so i dunno

and to whoever, most people just dont get it...then again most people i know dont like ska or punk or death metal so a combination of all 3 is bound to throw them off, i doubt the know much about the lifestyle. id say its just whining bastards saying 'they dont play powerchords all the time' or 'he cant sing'...some people eh?
    a lighting engineer at a leftover crack gig? jaysus!
    no wonder they didn't wanna play the big smoke the last time they were here! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

StJimmy wrote:
    Anyone into the hardcore ska-punkers?
    They're kinda the same band, after Choking Victim split up after their first day recording two of the members went on to form Leftover Crack with two other guys.
    They've basically come straight outta the gutters of NYC. (Don't let this put ya off though).
    You should check em out if ya haven't already heard em.

Ya can download some Leftover Crack here:

http://www.myspace.com/leftovercrackofficial

I couldn't find anywhere to download some Choking Victim stuff but try get your hands on: 500 Channels, Five Finger Discount and Crack Rock Steady.
    I don't like them.

Anarchist wrote:
    I don't like them.

Bit late there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

I am not pregnant if you are suggesting I am :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I like them...Choking Victim being one of my all time favourite bands.

quaidox wrote:
    a lighting engineer at a leftover crack gig? jaysus!
    no wonder they didn't wanna play the big smoke the last time they were here! :)

well um...most gigs have lighting engineers...you know to um run the lights...they dont just turn on and move by themselves

well um...most gigs have lighting engineers...you know to um run the lights...they dont just turn on and move by themselves
    Ah sweet jesus shut the **** up. HAve you ever been to a gig? ****in lights?

WHAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

No need to be so harsh Dregin. Some people on here are only used to going to places like the Temple Bar Music Centre, Whelans, The Village, which all come with full on lights.

We can't all be used to the Voodoo Lounge, The Temple, Lower Deck!

And anyone remember how good/****! The Fusion, The Attic, Charlies, and the like were!
    dregin wrote:
    Ah sweet jesus shut the **** up. HAve you ever been to a gig? ****in lights?

WHAT?

Yeah I'm a bit more sober now, but still, What the FUCK

dregin wrote:
    Yeah I'm a bit more sober now, but still, What the FUCK

Shutup ya redkneck, wait until you see my name in the big lights. We'll see who has the best set of legs then

ok, fair point. but i assume that they played somewhere small like the temple when they played in dublin. i still haven't found out where they played exactly, but assuming it was somewhere small, there is defo no need for a lighting engineer. in a small place, i reckon you do actually just turn them on, and they do the rest!
    does anyone know where they played in dublin when they were here???
    i asked this before, but didn't get an answer.....................

• Advertisement
Advertisement