Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmm, where to rock in dublin?

• 08-01-2006 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey, i was just wonderin, as a nu scottish dude in dublin, where is good to go if you wanna drink and have a bounce to rock/punk music?been to eamon doorans but was kinda afta sumthin else if there is.
    Cheers
    Arf!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Apparently there's a rock/punk night in fibbers. Haven't a clue which night it is :P

As far as the punk gigs go, they're mostly either in voodoo or dalymount park. Check the punk forum ever so often for fliers and info on upcoming gigs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=518

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Check www.toxicpromotions.net every now and then too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 bridgeybhoy

heh heh heh!cheers, um but where is fibbers and what day is that night on do you know?when i was back home i new where to watch all the rock/punk/even just normal bands and djs.ha!over here i know diddly squat so any help is appreciated.Sux tho, we also had a club caaled moshulu, all it played was rock/alternative which was sweet, cant find anything like that here yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Tbh there aren't many places that play alternative music that aren't gigs. There is though, gonna be a night of djs playing punk musice in Dalymount on the 28th of this month.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    There is though, gonna be a night of djs playing punk musice in Dalymount on the 28th of this month.
    All the cool kids will be there tbh :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

um but where is fibbers and what day is that night on do you know?

Not sure what night it's on but Fibber's is on Parnell St. Just go to the end of O'Connell St (towards the Ambassador) turn right and it's the first pub on the right hand side. They'll be able to tell you in there what's on during the week. BTW, welcome to Ireland dude;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Downstairs in bruxxelles off grafton st. Temple bar music centre on select nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i love Bruxies, altho its more metal n rock than punk n rock. but still a cool place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭WalkswithDeath

Dominion on saturday night top of o connell street it's the bar (down stairs) just before centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

The last friday of the month in the basement of the international on wicklow st there's Rock Jihad, which is a punk, metal & rock night. This month it is on friday 27th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement