Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eve Story

• 08-01-2006 1:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this was posted before, but just on the off chance that it hasnt been I feel this brilliance needs to be pointed out... even if its for the second time :D

http://www.mmodig.com/?p=155

I especially like
    "Allegedly, she is herself a corp thief, and escrow scammer. This is a large part of why we were hired, although I have not personally verified it - it is simply not my business to."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

lmao. class I havent read that.. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is another one where two guys scammed an insane amount of cash.

There was also one a week ago where one guy tried to run with the cash of one of the major corporations. He didn't get very far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm just an EVE n00blet, but god damn that's frightening and brilliant at the same time, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I dont play EVE but congrats to them.

Having the organisation and dedication to pull off a plan that took months to organise is amazing, and it was in a game which is even more astonoshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Well ... EVE can be great and I love to play it, but that sort of cráp would nearly put me off playing the game if it happened to me/my corp ...

Its been argued about many many times but I think that CCP favour pirating / 0.0 players over 'care bears' ... there are more and more mercenary corps (some complete rubbish at it but some a lot more capable) and there will reach a point where this kind of thing will become far more widespread and piss off so many players that it will start making a difference to CCP's bottom line ... THEN something will be done ...

There was a muppet merc corp in Luminaire that declared war on a mining corp because they knew they had lots of ISK and wanted a few billion to call off the war ... so the mining corp paid a proper merc corp 500million to wipe out the first mining corp ... hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The thing is, for every one of the carebears like you, willing to cancel your subscription over something like this, there are 2 people like me, lining up to take your place :p

BigEejit wrote:
    Its been argued about many many times but I think that CCP favour pirating / 0.0 players over 'care bears'

Most players live in core systems (.5 to 1.0 space). Even so the most piracy happens in .4 space.

0.0 space for the most part is safe. Your only worries is corporations who own the space claim ownership to the resources. You need to either be sneaky or get a permit from said Corp. Also determine rules for that corps space.

Most of core system miners are macro miners. There is a confederation of pilots called "MacroIntel" who hunt down these guys in protected space. Either by massive suicide runs, can flagging or by aiding the NPC rats.

Ivan wrote:
    The thing is, for every one of the carebears like you, willing to cancel your subscription over something like this, there are 2 people like me, lining up to take your place :p
    hehe ... i'm a carebear eh ... This char has not mined in more than 16 months and even then it was in 0.0 mining ark. While i wouldnt be the sharpest of PVP characters i would certainly be opening cans of whopass on gobshíte pirates (4 mil SP in gunnery, 2.5 mil in Spaceship Command and 1.8 mil in missles) ... I suppose I would be pretty handy at gate ganking as I have 425 T2 rails on my megathron and can handily hit almost anything at 120km with decent ammo (but with lots of tracking mods) .. but gate ganking is just griefing in my opinion and is mostly done by prepubescent tossers

To clarify what i thought would annoy the shíte out of me was losing 30 billion ISK worth of gear. Corp stealing is the lowest of the low and TBH it IS worth quite a lot of real money as well ....

Hobbes wrote:
    Most players live in core systems (.5 to 1.0 space). Even so the most piracy happens in .4 space.
    correct, mostly happening at places where people are moving through safe space and going through that 0.4 saves a further 10 jumps along a safer route ... If i am transporting valuable cargo I always take my covert ops ship .. smack talk the gate campers and continue on
    0.0 space for the most part is safe. Your only worries is corporations who own the space claim ownership to the resources. You need to either be sneaky or get a permit from said Corp. Also determine rules for that corps space.
    hehe ... you may think that where you are is safe but there are always roaming gangs who only want to blow you up
    Most of core system miners are macro miners. There is a confederation of pilots called "MacroIntel" who hunt down these guys in protected space. Either by massive suicide runs, can flagging or by aiding the NPC rats.
    I have to say that I have for a long time afk mined (industrial with a miner 2 ... find a big roid and burn it for a couple of hours) ... but you see guys mining with 4 full cans beside them and you know they are macro mining and deserve to be toasted .... there are lots of 0.9 and the odd 0.8 systems with no rats and thats where you find the macrominers these days

BigEejit wrote:
    hehe ... you may think that where you are is safe but there are always roaming gangs who only want to blow you up

Well safer then .4 systems. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

its things like this that make me WANT to play this game....

sniff now im getting sentimental and remembering my UO scams and Neocron gank fests. games lack the danger these days thats needed for a truely fulfilling experience.

Hehe ... Istvaan certainly likes a story ... passed him in Empire just now and he had the following in his bio
    My name is Istvaan Shogaatsu. I was born on New Caldari,
    forty-three years ago. I am a ruthless businessman with
    insight into the politics of empires, and a cutthroat without
    morals or mercy. I have lived an interesting life; first, serving
    in the interstellar navy of the Endless Corporation - then
    seizing control of its presidency by brutally assassinating my
    predecessor. I craved power with the tenacity of a vampire.
    My hands were drenched in blood through Endless' many wars
    of supremacy and conquest - whole fleets went to war at my
    behest, and a hundred thousand died when Endless
    Corporation cruisers rained nerve gas upon Daasa, homeworld
    of the Das Paragon.

It was not long before the corporate grind took its toll on my
    spirit. I retired to my estates in the Amarr Empire - there,
    among friends and allies I made during my time in Endless, I
    lived life to the fullest. Slaver hounds were always a passion,
    and I soon established one of the Empire's most prestigious
    breeding kennels; even today, my ridgeback Slavers are a
    prized commodity among the social elite of Amarr and
    beyond. The time not spent at my estates or tending to the
    kennel was often whiled away at the Guiding Hand Social
    Club, a favored slice of nightlife on the lunatic fringe of
    empire space.

It has been a little over a year since my re-emergence. The
    Guiding Hand has rapidly become New Eden's most feared,
    hated, and sought-after mercenary organization. With our
    insidious operatives secreted away in every major political
    organization worth noting, we carve out a living by selling
    terror and death to anyone heartless enough to hire us. We
    live in trying times - as I predicted so many months ago,
    Doriam has fallen and the Imperial schism has begun to
    unfold. I am being pursued by a maniacal wraith from my
    past, bent on vengeance for some forgotten sin. The future
    looks more uncertain than ever. I hope the side I have
    chosen is the one that will prevail.

You cannot know what I know, but know that a great storm
    brews in the west. When it has passed, nothing will ever be
    the same. The strands of fate are tangling...
    Also has a nice 48 mil bounty on his ass .. wasnt much chance of me getting it (even if we were not in empire) as he was in a zealot and my puny malediction would have spent all day killing him

Advertisement