Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT and Battery Holder?

Options
  • 08-01-2006 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,
    I brought my girlfriends Seicento for it's NCT at the end of November, it passed fine except for one of the back seatbelts missing and a loose battery.

The seatbelt was easy as it was hidden behind the back seat but the battery holder I left to her as II had to head into hospital for surgery.

Now here I am back for the weekend, not able to drive yet, but she does and this thing needs to be recehecked before Jan 13th and she's made no progress on the battery thing.

We went up to the Motor Factors in Palmerstown shopping centre and he sold us a metal holder with two metal hooks and a cross bar that can be cut to size. The threading though doesn't go down far enough if we were to cut it down to size for a Seicento.

Popped into Halfords and they didn't seem to have anything or know what I was talking about. Seems to have a huge range of air fresheners though.

My question if someone was able to help was would strapping the battery down with the elastic with hooks either end that you see on the back of bikes be enough or if they insist on something serious, do you know of any motor factors that might have a smaller version of what we bought in Palmerstown.

The battery seems to be fine and is held down by the bonnet when it's closed which I presume is the Seicento design, maybe yer man in the NCT is being over particular, ah sure any advice well appreciated.

I was going to try to sort something for Sunday and get it re-tested as she'll probably chicken out and let it lapse as she's still only getting used to the car :),if we don't do it now.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It should be fitted with something like this -

Car-Battery.jpg

Go to your local scrappy and get one for next to nothing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When my battery fixing failed I fabricated a new one but I had access to the right materials to do that. As suggested a visit to a scap yard will proberly yeild a complete tray/strap assembly for peanuts.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭nicelives

thanks for those suggestions and the pic, will see what I can find in the next few hours that might work, have a nice Sunday.

Advertisement