Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to America

Options
  • 08-01-2006 7:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

After 10 years in Ireland, I'm calling it quits and moving back to the U.S.A. (can't afford it here any more). I am investigating moving companies here and am hoping that I can get some advice on this board.

One company that advertises on the Internet goes by several names. Two are "A Aaran Excess Baggage Services" and "Executive Excess Baggage Services" and are advertised to be registered business names of "Executive Services 2000 Ltd."

Is there any agency in Ireland that keeps tabs on companies which provide services so that a potential customer can learn whether the company is reliable, or at least doesn't have a file full of complaints?

I will be very grateful for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

I would be wary of any company that used several different trading names at once for the same service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 colinhoulihan

I read a report recently in one of the Sunday papers about the "Executive Excess Baggage Services" - the article it had been a really popular and successful service. I think they have service agreement which guarantees delivery within 48 hours or something like that. They have staff at Dublin airport as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Aer Lingus do a cargo service for people moving as far as i know.

Advertisement