Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone going to the WC?

• 08-01-2006 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at various options to get to Germany, or at least get around Europe to watch games with the fans of some of my favourite teams (Sweden, Holland, Spain, France)

Think I'm gonna try to be in Frankfurt for the Holland-Argentina game on the 21st, before that Brazil-Australia in Munich on the 18th. I see they're still taking ticket applications up to 15 January.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Saw the thread title before I saw what board it was on and thought boards has stooped to a new low...

Anyway, no, I won't be going to the WC (World Cup). I would have been more likely to go had Ireland qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bard wrote:
    Saw the thread title before I saw what board it was on and thought boards has stooped to a new low...

:D

Now you mention it...modern technology, wireless internet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'll be over for the quater finals, hamburg on the friday and frankfurt on the saturday. Those matchs should neatly avoid any england matchs and should brazil get that far then they'll be playing in either of those two cities (Spain and Italy too).

Fingers crossed for the ticket draw but flights and accomodation are booked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

p.pete wrote:
    I'll be over for the quater finals, hamburg on the friday and frankfurt on the saturday. Those matchs should neatly avoid any england matchs and should brazil get that far then they'll be playing in either of those two cities (Spain and Italy too).

Fingers crossed for the ticket draw but flights and accomodation are booked.

What category tickets did you apply for pete? And do you think it matters, cos I presume there'll be most demand for the category 4 tickets towards the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A few of us going using the money we forked out in April to purchase TST's for Irelands matches (unfortunately :( ).

It's still at the planning stage, but we are maybe looking about flying to Amsterdam for a night or two, and then getting a train to Cologne, and then maybe Frankfurt and Munich. About ten days in total. Camping all the way.

Havn't looked into what matches we would get, but the common consensus is we would like to see any of Ivory Coast, Togo, Costa Rica, Sweden, Holland, Australia, and then obviously Brazil or Argentina.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Heading back to where i lived in Frankfurt dont care if i get tickets for any games, they all be on big screens in large parks etc:

Be a good few days drinking and decent cheap mini holiday.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

KdjaC wrote:
    Heading back to where i lived in Frankfurt dont care if i get tickets for any games, they all be on big screens in large parks etc:

Be a good few days drinking and decent cheap mini holiday.
    Exactly.

Tickets should be easy to come by for some of the games, how often to you see WC matches with stadia only half full?

And with the amount of people there, the craic will be amazing. Great weather, without being too hot, camping would only cost you about €10-15 a night, and then you have the cheap efficient German beer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Camping will free in a park about 5 minutes from Saxenhousen(frankfurts temple bar).
    Theres also 2 breweries on the AM street leading up to with the ultimate in beer pitches (garden is too small a word). Both sponsoring WC in some way and have ginormous screens planned.

Stadium is 12 minutes train ride from from Saxenhousen too and really 12 minutes and on time every time :D

Oh and for security reasons the grounds area is only for fans with tickets so dont go to a ground with intentions of being outside it for the duration of the game.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Going over on a corporate junket to either one the the q/f or one of the s/f . Not sure yet. Might actually extend the gig and try to stay on for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Me and 3 friends are in the process of applying for 7 games. My friend is living just outside Stuttgart for the year and he has his car with him. Basically we're sorted for transport and accommodation. Here's hoping we're successful in the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

What category tickets did you apply for pete? And do you think it matters, cos I presume there'll be most demand for the category 4 tickets towards the end.
    Can't remember if category 4 is cheapes or most expensive? Cheapest tickets you can only apply for 2 for any given match, so had to give them a miss. The next 3 categories you apply for in a bundle, so we asked for the 2nd cheapest type of tickets but ticked the boxes to say that if we can't have them we'll take the 2nd most expensive and most expensive if they are available.

Advertisement