Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clyde vs Celtic

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

what in the scheme of things celtic and scottish football is pretty poor and if the the old firm hadnt the religious background no-one would care. now i support an english team and dont really follow irish football, but watch a game every now and then but the standard of football is not that far off the spl so why bother following celtic when you can follow a team here for much cheaper and actually get to see them?

just my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

i still dont understand what would posses keane to go to celtic, he will just be dealing with mediocrity for the rest of his career, as seen today. Wigan and Bolton were great options for him and he would have got to play man utd again and really got stuck into them and would have been able to have true european aspirations, oh well...

You think Keano wanted to play against United? He stated many times that he could never ever handle going into the United away dressing room. I'd imagine if Celtic played United in the CL, he'd be injured miracously.
    Also Celtic are pretty much definately in the CL next season, can Bolton or Wigan even claim they might get to the qualifying rounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Call_me_al wrote:
    what in the scheme of things celtic and scottish football is pretty poor

How many games have you actually seen or are you basing this on todays display?
    and if the the old firm hadnt the religious background no-one would care.

You have just betrayed your knowledge (lack of) of Celtic
    now i support an english team and dont really follow irish football,

voila - The Best League in the World (c) Sky
    but watch a game every now and then but the standard of football is not that far off the spl

You will need a bit more knowledge of both leagues to justify that one
    so why bother following celtic when you can follow a team here for much cheaper and actually get to see them?

Quite ironic considering what you say above about an English team. I do get to see Celtic (season ticket holder for the last 10 years). I travel 4 miles to Celtic Park, quite a bit more for the eL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

PHB wrote:
    Also Celtic are pretty much definately in the CL next season, can Bolton or Wigan even claim they might get to the qualifying rounds?

thats not exactly fair is it. the season is only half over.

as for wigan or bolton, they play in a better league with better clubs.
    if you want to win something, going to celitic was a good move. at the moment, celtic are the only team in the spl, and even thats pushing it...

although, i have no idea why keane didnt go to spain or italy or something.

still, he said he wanted to play for his boyhood club, so fair enough.
    just seems a waste of talent to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

It was interesting to see the difference in class between Keane and Lennon, Lennon needed two touches on the ball nearly everytime, Keane played the ball simple and first-time, everytime.
    You could see how frustrated keane was that everytime he gave a nice simple pass to one of his team mates they instantly lost it. The entire Celtic back four were taken to pieces by a Scottish division one side.

Du Wei was not at the races, but in fairness to him it probably wasn't the best match to try him out (Rubbish pitch and big strong Centre forwards), I'm sure he will get better.

Not much Celtic can blame that defeat on other then playing rubbish and Clyde playing very well. Clyde for the Cup :)

as for wigan or bolton, they play in a better league with better clubs

You missed the word some. As for Wigan & Bolton... so what!*!
    if you want to win something, going to celitic was a good move. at the moment, celtic are the only team in the spl, and even thats pushing it...

The league was neck and neck up until this time last Sunday. The league title race is far more interesting and appealing than the EPL.
    although, i have no idea why keane didnt go to spain or italy or something.

Maybe the fact that Real were stalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

well Forest dont really count as a team do they ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You missed the word some. As for Wigan & Bolton... so what!*!

??

if you say so
    Maybe the fact that Real were stalling

so he only went becuase he couldnt actually get a decent contract anywhere else?

well, i suppose if dermot desmond is paying you an extra 20 grand a week, id kick ball for celtic as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Brilliant Lads never new you knew so much about SPL football, looking forward to the coming week when we will all a great talk about a close league and get away from talking about that 1 team premiership.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

well Forest dont really count as a team do they ? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Oh yeah, and Cobh clearly don't count either, especially to RTE, cuz they don't play in England. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

An SPL fan criticising another league for non-competitveness???

Thats rich!

MrJoeSoap

Oh sorry for touching a nerve:D :D must be a man utd fan!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

eirebhoys wrote:
    MrJoeSoap

Oh sorry for touching a nerve:D :D must be a man utd fan!:eek:

Why must he be a Man U Fan Eirebhoy, That sort of crap is unlike you?

Ignore that I just noticed the s on the username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Eirebhoy and eirebhoys 2 different users Muppet.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Eirebhoy and eirebhoys 2 different users Muppet.

kdjac

Thanks I just copped that after I posted. Could be confusing.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    An SPL fan criticising another league for non-competitveness???

Thats rich!

You disagree with it though?

??
    well, i suppose if dermot desmond is paying you an extra 20 grand a week

and you know this how exactly?

and you know this how exactly?

Was part of every news item over here at the time, Celtic paying him 40k Desmond 20k its how they got him. Google it but check all pages from Ireland on google.ie UK media mustnt like that part of the contract :)

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Was part of every news tiem over here at the time, Celtic paying him 40k Desmond 20k its how they got him. Google it but chek all pages from Ireland. UK media mustnt like that part of the contract :)

kdjac

I have seen it in the news. Celtic and Desmond have denied it. I am not sure how people, who have f-all to do with it, can say it is true? In reality, nobody in the media or on this website can be sure, it is all just speculation and most probably made up.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    Why must he be a Man U Fan Eirebhoy, That sort of crap is unlike you?

Ignore that I just noticed the s on the username.

The Utd thing was only a fishing thing but must say you live by your Signature;)

Its hard up here in the SPL and were always there to be shot at, everyone to the own.

by the way, celtics greatest ever player is roy keane.
    just saw dub in glasgows sig.

you may need to change it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

eirebhoys wrote:
    The Utd thing was only a fishing thing but must say you live by your Signature;)

Its hard up here in the SPL and were always there to be shot at, everyone to the own.

It's hard in the SPL? Have you ever seen Ireland (your location does afterall say "Eire"), and the sheer numbers of people in Scottish football club jersies?! Having thousands upon thousands of people pumping money into your league from a foreign country is "hard"? :mad: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Why oh who did they have to show this match on Sky? :(

to be honest...?
    probably coz roy keane was playing in it.

eirebhoys wrote:

You were wrong about him being a United Supporter he supports Southampton .The sig goes over most peoples head.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Why oh who? did they have to show this match on Sky? :(

I agree with you, it hurt to look at! :rolleyes: and they will be able to show it again and again and again:eek: :(

The Muppet wrote:
    You were wrong about him being a United Supporter he supports Southampton .The sig goes over most peoples head.

oh dont be so patronising. i doubt it if it goes over many peoples heads.
    its hardly deep and meaningful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

to be honest...?
    probably coz roy keane was playing in it.
    Celtic's worst performance since Bratislava and it was watched by everyone in Ireland it seems. :( Clyde were superb. They wouldn't give Celtic players a second on the ball.

People are going OTT over Du Wei. He was out muscled for the first disallowed goal, nothing much he can do about that. The only other bad thing I remember him doing was giving away the penalty. He slipped for that and it would have been a certain goal had he not taken him down. He deserves another chance as he's rated very highly at the club.

oh dont be so patronising. i doubt it if it goes over many peoples heads.
    its hardly deep and meaningful.

Who rattled your cage?

• Advertisement

imjust saying that your sig doesnt actually go over anyones head.

its an ironic sig. we get it.

oh, and leicester rattled my cage. but apart from that, im ok.
    im more pissed that i have a presentation to put together for work than anything else, and im just posting so i dont have to start doing it :)

oh, and leicester rattled my cage. but apart from that, im ok.
    im more pissed that i have a presentation to put together for work than anything else, and im just posting so i dont have to start doing it :)

It could have been worse for you , Celtic could have won.;)

Muppet: Joesoaps sig is gone.

WWM: thats what he was on about Joesoaps old big huge Soton crest sig.

Heheheheh

kdjac

The Muppet wrote:
    It could have been worse for you , Celtic could have won.;)

oh, i actually dont give a monkeys about celitc winning or losing. all scottish football means as much to me as irish football does. its a passing interest only, as much as the champions league, or the bundesleague.

anyway, im going to bed. ive had far too many bottles of good ale this evening, and im tired and im going to cry myself to sleep with images of giant polish strikers falling over and pisctures of stephen kelly missing a two on one opportunity bounding through my brain.

goodnight cruel world.....
    :)

oh, i actually dont give a monkeys about celitc winning or losing. all scottish football means as much to me as irish football does. its a passing interest only, as much as the champions league, or the bundesleague.

Quite strange that considering you do seem to pop up in every thread about Celtic or Scottish football :eek:

Nah, Johnstone was far better than any player in Britain today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Whats all this sig talk about? I'm lost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

First thing I noticed about the game was how skinny Keane was compared to most of the rest of the Celtic players. He looked like a youngster.

Or maybe I can put it down to how fat Lennon and Hartson are - not to mention (going on yesterday's performance) useless. Surely, it wont be long before its a Keane-Petrov partnership and Lennon is benched - assuming the rumours about Petrov moving to the Premiership this month (ref Charlie Nicholas on Sky Sports) are untrue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

And what made you think that?

Jinky is Celtic's Greatest Ever Player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

watched this game yesterday, thought it was a great performance by clyde, an average age of 20, it was great to see the young lads giving the celtic players the run around, Havent watched Celtic in a while but they were so lethargic yesterday, keane hit a few nice passes and screamed at du wei a bit but didnt really make a big impression on the game, he didnt look sharp but still looked fitter than lennon, Clydes 2 forwards were excellent and chased down everything, Brittan(sp) in particluar worked his a*se off and clyde deserved to win by more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

watched this game yesterday, thought it was a great performance by clyde, an average age of 20, it was great to see the young lads giving the celtic players the run around,. . . .

Ack! Use full stops :(

But agree. Havent seen Celtic play in a few months. It just looked like they didnt
    try at all. I doubt they will make this mistake again, not for a while anyway.

Advertisement