Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump not working

Options
  • 08-01-2006 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a small fish-tank, about 60-70 litres. One day last week the pump stopping working. The filters, etc are changed each week and 10% of the water too. I cant understand this as I only have it 14mths! Would anyone know what the problem is or do I need a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Is this the pump that operates your filtration system? If it is you want to replace it ASAP !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Yes the pump is connected to the filter system in one corner of the tank. There are 5 filters which are changed regularly but the pump has never been touched. I do not know the name of the pump but probably will have to change it by the looks of things. Would you be able to recommend a good place to get one? I do have an air-stone I bought a while ago, I thought that might do, it has its own pump but I do not want to start messing with it as I do not know if it is strong enough for this tank. Dont want to end up with a tank full of dead fish either.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

this happens to me the odd time too,I take out the filters and unplug the pump and flush out the unit with water,sometimes it is clogged and I use a
    cocktail stick to get out all the gunge.

Advertisement