Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instaling dishwasher

Options
  • 08-01-2006 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i'd like to get a diswasher fitted in my kitchen.

there's some presses under my sink, so i'd like it to go there.

does anyone know how to go about getting this done? who does this? how much am i lookin at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Whip out the press.Connect the cold supply to the pipe and connect the waste. And eh plug it in of course

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Corkey123

As johnnyrotten said take out the existing press. Most dishwasters are 600mm in wide so make sure the press/carcass you're taking out fits the width of the washer.

Taking a cold feed from the cold source supplying your sink and returning the waste pipe from the washer to the waste on the sink. Most modern waste systems has a slot to accomodate a washer.

Most modern units have two inch of free space behind them for running pipes etc.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

And bear in mind it won't go directly under the sink, as the bowl and wastepipe will be in the way! :)

If space was an issue, you could get a slimline washer, but these represent bad value for money (can be dearer than standard 12place), and usually just a last resort.

Advertisement