Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire and Eircom Routers

• 08-01-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all

Just got setup with Clearwire about a month ago, switched over from eircom. Does anyone have any idea how to setup the eircom Netopia 3347W to connect to the internet through the Clearwire modem? When i plug the Clearwire modem into the LAN port of the Netopia i get a connection light on the LAN port, but when i go to the gateway (192.168.1.254) it keeps saying that it is waiting for DSL. Any ideas what im doing wrong? Advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

roo1981 wrote:
    Hi all

Just got setup with Clearwire about a month ago, switched over from eircom. Does anyone have any idea how to setup the eircom Netopia 3347W to connect to the internet through the Clearwire modem? When i plug the Clearwire modem into the LAN port of the Netopia i get a connection light on the LAN port, but when i go to the gateway (192.168.1.254) it keeps saying that it is waiting for DSL. Any ideas what im doing wrong? Advice would be much appreciated!

Can't be done afaik. You need a router - the Eircom is a combined adsl modem/wireless router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I have used a combined adsl mode/wireless router with ClearWire before no problem. Cant remember how I got it to work though...pure luck I think. Swapped it with a friend for a plain wireless router though as he needed a modem/router and I didnt need it.

Advertisement