Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting broadband reconnected - how long does it take?

• 08-01-2006 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hey,

I am/was with EsatBT but had my subscrition cancelled a few months ago. Now it looks like we'll be getting it reconnected.

Ive still got everything here, modem, phone line etc so basically all they need to do is allow us to receive broadband and we're sorted.

My question is, how long does it take them to reconnect the broadband line from when you call them and ask them to, until you can actually start browsing the net? (Im on 56k atm btw).

Thanks,
    x.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

xha1r wrote:
    Hey,

I am/was with EsatBT but had my subscrition cancelled a few months ago. Now it looks like we'll be getting it reconnected.

Ive still got everything here, modem, phone line etc so basically all they need to do is allow us to receive broadband and we're sorted.

My question is, how long does it take them to reconnect the broadband line from when you call them and ask them to, until you can actually start browsing the net? (Im on 56k atm btw).

Thanks,
    x.

I really dont mean to be rude but surely the best way to find this out is to ring them and ask them? Anything anyone can tell you on here is only speculation. For instance I assume that it will be just treated as a new order and will have to be processed by Eircom in the usual way but that's only an assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

Their website says they're not open on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

I just applied to get my broadband reconnected (although it was out for nearly 6 months, and I don't have a modem), and they (BT) said that it should take about 2-3 weeks. As far as I can see they just treat it as a completely new order and you have t wait the same lenght of time as anybody else ordering broadband for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Any order to Esat or any other broadband provider where Eircom need to be dealt with will typically involve a two week delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Any order to Esat or any other broadband provider where Eircom need to be dealt with will typically involve a two week delay.

digiweb took 2 days for me.

had the modem out to me a further 4 days later, 2 of which were over the weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement