Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you study much?

Options
  • 08-01-2006 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Just wondering how everyones study plans worked for them during the Holidays. Mine failed miserably as alot of my friends are in college and I joined them in alot of drinking.
    I'd say I only got about 8 - 10 hours of study done, when I was suppose to be studying all this week.. ha ha

how did ye do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

I meant to study all this week; but a combination of getting up at 2 and watching too much trash tv soon put an end to any chance of getting any major work done. Now ive realised that ive 6 weeks to the mocks in which i have to learn.... EVERYTHING. And a history project on top of that.
    So im a bit of a bad way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

oh thank the lord, i thought everyone else studied all week! im in the same boat, i have to learn 2 years work and do the history research project and geogarphy project in 6 weeks... meanwhile making life-altering decisions bout the ol cao. should be a good few months! anyone have some bottled time for sale? i just dont have enough myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I start my mocks on the 8th or something like that so I'm a bit worried, however my mocks are seperated by by mid-term break which apart form the obvious disadvantage has two advantages.

1. I will study for my mocks.

2. By feeling the pressure of the mocks I'll be forced to study and hopefully be better prepared for the actual LC.

On top of that I'm hoping that the 4 or 5 week period between now and when I start will be sufficient time to bone up on the subjects with a bit of organisation of free time and one of those study plan contraptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Didn't even open a book, but gonna get down and get serious now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Did a fair bit of revising but not nearly enough, averaged about an haour a day. Hangovers and just general, laziness held me back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i didn't open a book..but now christmas is over it's time to knuckle down

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

I didn't open a book either and I don't know if my mocks are on before my midterm or after, none of my teachers knew before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Thanks guys ur making feel better, i didnt touch the books either..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'll make you feel even better. done the leaving cert last year and didn't open any of my books (outside school hours) until about 30th of may.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Shrimp wrote:
    Thanks guys ur making feel better, i didnt touch the books either..:D
    No problem, I'm begining to feeling better myself now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i studied one irish poem for all of half an hour and did 2 pages of portfolio.. thats it!! id planned 3hours a day for the 2nd week but convieniently forgot bout that little plan!
    mocks start on 31st of jan though so i reeeeally should have!
    ah well ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Study? Holidays?

What an interesting idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Azureus wrote:
    i studied one irish poem for all of half an hour and did 2 pages of portfolio.. thats it!! id planned 3hours a day for the 2nd week but convieniently forgot bout that little plan!
    mocks start on 31st of jan though so i reeeeally should have!
    ah well ;o)
    hey ur doing a portfolio too, for what course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yep I didnt touch a book either. Basically my thinking on it was enjoy my holidays as much as I could and now get my head down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Didn't do *anything* over the christmas, literally... Ahwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Got a big huge hour and a half done there one day haha! Holidays are ahem.. for well holidaying! All that Oprah and Tommy Tiernan kept me highly amused last week :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

basically none whatsoever....Geography project? what geography project?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Ah chill out guys! Yours truly started studying for his mocks with 5 days to spare and stopped until 2-3 weeks before the LC. In other words don't kill yoursleves studying!

Yeah don't worry too much. I did a day or two for my mocks, and uh, about a day for each subject for the LC, back when I did it. graaaand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Shrimp wrote:
    hey ur doing a portfolio too, for what course?

i was gonna try for ncad (longshot but hey!) but i wont have it ready in time so i need it done by march for interior design or visual communications in DIT and maybe something in IADT..

What course you need yours for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement