Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burton V Man Utd (will contain scores)

• 08-01-2006 4:20pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Should be handy enough for man u. Smith was suppose to be in the starting line up but was injured in a pre match training session.

Man United starting 11

Howard, Bardsley, Pique, Silvestre, brown, Solskjaer (C), R Jones, Richardson, Park, Saha, Rossi

Rooney, O Shea, and Ronaldo are amongs the subs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Exeter anyone?

There is already a 3rd round thread, btw

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

zabbo wrote:
    Exeter anyone?

There is already a 3rd round thread, btw

Yeah and....

I felt like starting a new thread, because you can be sure as hell that if Man U get beaten it will be all over here anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I doubt very much Exeter will happen again, but with the pitch the way it is, its going to be difficult for United to pass it around. Fairly strong squad, don't know why Slyvestre is in there over O'Shea, O'Shea needs the practice.

First time I get to see Pique play for the first team as CB for an entire match, so i'm looking forward to that. Rossi and Saha should make a really interesting combination, Ole and Jones in midfield will be quite weak I think, but still much better than Burtons, so it should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Is Solskjaer playing in central midfield? Is that not a bit of a risk for him fitness wise?

Can't see anything but a 0-3 win.

O Shea is now starting as park has also been injured in pre match warm up

• Advertisement

He's been playing mostly central midfield since he returned.
    I'd say now though, cause Park has just been injured, and O'Shea has been drafted in, he will be swapped to the right wing, with the midfield looking like this.

Richardson - Jones - O'Shea - Ole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

come on burton! whats there starting 11.

come on burton! whats there starting 11.

Burton Albion
    S Deeney, J Sedgemore, D Tinson, R Austin, A Corbett, C Hall, D Stride, A Ducros, K Gilroy, J Shaw, S Harrad

Excellent start by Burton. They just had a header cleared off the line by silvestre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Couple of chances so far, Philbo cleared a Burton header off the line. Saha's had a chance blocked as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

bad feeling aout this one. the pitch is terrible and seems destined to play a part. considering the cups are all we have left im a little dissappointed with the team.

what do ye think of pique? looks a classy player. has made one or two mistakes but looks so confident on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Saha is annoying me. He seems to think he has longer on the ball than he actually does.
    Hopefully the team will look more bothered in the second half cos from what i have seen this has upset written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

ZZZzzzzzzZZZZzzz whats the score anyone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Whats up with Kieran Richardson, he's been woeful all afternoon. Get him off.

I'll tell you Pique certainly looks the part. He his having a great game. Rooney and Ronaldo are just about to be brought on. Ole really needs to get games under his belt.

Subs just brought on

Rooney for Rossi

Ronaldo for Ole

Rooney is now Captain

Saha scores for Man U but goal ruled out for offside. correct decision

What a ball from Ronaldo, terrible by Saha :/

Utd very fortunite there not to have conceeded a penalty.

saha doesn't look bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hilarious.

Mike.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Hilarious.

Mike.

Not if you are a man u fan. I am ****ting it

**** it, they deserve their Draw. Massive payday for them now

Why? Burton havn't looked at all threatening, worst case scenario we go back to Old Trafford

Oh what a ****in save

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Fantastic save - G'Wan Cloughie

PHB wrote:
    Why? Burton havn't looked at all threatening, worst case scenario we go back to Old Trafford

Agreed, they have not, but they could easily have nicked one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Just be glad ye weren't playing a quality gents outfitters like Reids - lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Holy crap, what a result for Burton Albion:eek: Fair dues to them!

Fair enough result, I thought it would have been unfair for United to get the win.
    Was impressed with Pique and Jones today, and the rest did ok in poor conditions.
    Bring them back to United and play the same team and we'll win 3-0.
    Another exeter eh, well at least we'll get to the final again :P

Great to see Burton get the money they need, this next game will fund them hugely.

I love the FA Cup

• Advertisement

Fair play to Burton. They deserve some credit for this preformance.
    Exeter anyone?

looks like you were spot on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Thats what the FA Cup is all about. Fair Play to Burton they deserve another big pay day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Nice of UTD to be so charitable and give them the replay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

As a Man U fan I'm delighted for Burton to be honest. The pitch was terrible and a few of united's show boaters were helpless on it so the game turned into a battle and the team who wanted it more got the result they deserved. They've earned every penny of the purse they'll pick up at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Fulltime, final score 0-0. Very disappointing.

Good for burton, bad for those manu players not putting in the effort, fergie has the hairdryer out.

• Advertisement

Pitch wasn't so bad that the Burton lads couldn't zip around some lovely passing moves.
    Leonard wrote:
    Should be handy enough for man u
    PHB wrote:
    I doubt very much Exeter will happen again
    Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*chuckle*
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

fade2black wrote:
    As a Man U fan I'm delighted for Burton to be honest. The pitch was terrible and a few of united's show boaters were helpless on it so the game turned into a battle and the team who wanted it more got the result they deserved. They've earned every penny of the purse they'll pick up at Old Trafford.

second that.

another united fan graciously applauding burton. their centre backs were fantastic. gilroy didnt look too bad either, tyler described him as "playing the game in his own paced" which was perfect, always lloked so relaxed on the ball.

as for united, the result doesnt really bother me. im actually looking forward to getting another chance to see pique, jones, bardsley and rossi.

one more point, i have always being eager to see more of saha. i have always stood by the doubters. however, i know this isnt a great game to judge him on, he just looks an awful player. he is so awkward on the ball, poor control at times and just doesnt look natural in front of goal. i hope he proves me wrong but hes after getting a few games of late and im not impressed.

zabbo wrote:
    Pitch wasn't so bad that the Burton lads couldn't zip around some lovely passing moves.

Difference is they play on that pitch week in week out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Pique looked excellent today. Very strong in the air and on the ground, and yet very composed on the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you'd been playing Luton...!:p

Mike.

Leonard wrote:
    Difference is they play on that pitch week in week out
    Spot on, the pitch is the only difference between a bunch of amateur non league players, playing ManU, a team that used to be one of the best in the world and have a multi million pound team and supposedly some of the best young talent as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally Posted by Leonard
    Should be handy enough for man u
    Originally Posted by PHB
    I doubt very much Exeter will happen again

LMFAO...

A terrible display by Manu, with the non-league team unlucky to end up with just a draw. The Ref had some dodgy decisions, not least of which, was the clear penalty he denied Burton from a handball from a Utd defender.

All in all I would imagine that Burton are very dissapointed with the result when they dominated the match. The only silver lining wil be the payout and the chance to heap further embarresment on this team by beating them in Old Trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hobart wrote:
    LMFAO...

A terrible display by Manu, with the non-league team unlucky to end up with just a draw. The Ref had some dodgy decisions, not least of which, was the clear penalty he denied Burton from a handball from a Utd defender.

All in all I would imagine that Burton are very dissapointed with the result when they dominated the match. The only silver lining wil be the payout and the chance to heap further embarresment on this team by beating them in Old Trafford.

I doubt their disappointed. Delighted more like. The chairman was even on there and said he didn't want them to win, a draw was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Lemlin wrote:
    I doubt their disappointed. Delighted more like. The chairman was even on there and said he didn't want them to win, a draw was better.
    Maybe I should have said the players would be dissapointed with the result. Anyhoe no matter what way you try to paint it amost embarressing result for Manu's so called superstars. They were worse than shocking today, and I doubt saha would have made the Burton starting 11.:D

zabbo wrote:
    Spot on, the pitch is the only difference between a bunch of amateur non league players, playing ManU, a team that used to be one of the best in the world and have a multi million pound team and supposedly some of the best young talent as well

Show me where I blamed the pitch today.

I am not looking to make any excuses for todays display. At no stage in this thread did I take anything away from Burton's preformance. Man U were up against a team who played out of their skins. Burton absolutely deserved their draw and good luck to them.

Hobart wrote:
    LMFAO...

Did the ref not blow up for a free out for a foul on Pique. So how does that make it a penalty.

And what does LMFAO stand for?

At the start of this game I very much doubt that anyone would have predicted this result. As you pointed out in your posts all those man u superstars up against the non league team of Burton. Even the bookies didn't even give them a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Leonard wrote:
    Did the ref not blow up for a free out for a foul on Pique. So how does that make it a penalty.

At the start of this game I very much doubt that anyone would have predicted this result. As you pointed out in your posts all those man u superstars up against the non league team of Burton. Even the bookies didn't even give them a hope.

The ref blew up for a foul because maybe he thought giving a foul was less contraversial? ie Bottled it. But i have all the respect in the world for that ref so maybe he actually believed it was a foul.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Fixed IMO. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Leonard wrote:

It stands for " laughing my effing Ar*e off" .

• Advertisement
Advertisement