Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Phone time... which to go for?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Plus... I have a 6230... the 1.3MP camera and a few updates aren't worth spending another €350 on.

Right now I'm stuck on the 6680, w800i and the z800i. I think after my next pay check it'll bhe the w800i I'll go for as it'll be the easiest/cheapest to get a hold of. Might look for it second hand as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Get one of these.
    You can unlock them for free from your PC.
    You can then get a 1Gb or now 2Gb (€135) where you can store divx's and mp3's. For an example an episode of 'The Office (US)' weighs in around 40Mb with crystal clear quality - which isn't apparent in the pic below :(
    Great phone.

Mine: Excuse the quality of my crappy camera skills.
    phone11li.th.jpg phone23fa.th.jpg

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Get one of these.
    You can unlock them for free from your PC.
    You can then get a 1Gb or now 2Gb (€135) where you can store divx's and mp3's. For an example an episode of 'The Office (US)' weighs in around 40Mb with crystal clear quality - which isn't apparent in the pic below :(
    Great phone.

Mine: Excuse the quality of my crappy camera skills.
    phone11li.th.jpg phone23fa.th.jpg

Thanks, but I have a PSP for all my video needs. :)

As I've mentioned before, I'm just looking for a new phone with a slightly (or much) better spec than my own. Preferably a clamshell.
    At the moment I think I'm leaning towards the SE v800 (with z800 firmware), I've seen a few good offers for them second hand which would save me handing out 2 weeks wages (part time wages) for a brand new w800.

I haven't been too impressed with the screen on the z800 from what I've seen, but I'd have to see it in person to make a decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

tbh even though i have a 6680, given the choice i think i'd go for the w800 (of course i can't because i'm on 3 and the w800 isn't 3g). i'm not too impressed with the z800. looks really bulky for what it is and the w800 has a much better camera.
    and also the z800 is 3g so you'd have to go to the dreaded vodafone if you wanted to buy it new

edit: just checked and the meteor store in blanchardstown has the w800 payg

True, but I'm not going for it brand new. I've seen good offers second hand - around the €160-200 mark unlocked/unbranded. The only thing that's putting me off is the screen/camera, but for that price.. meh I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

Sorry for double post - can't edit my previous post.

The two phones I'm considering now are the w800 and the w550. Both the k750 and v800 are outta the picture.

The only thing holding the w550 back is the camera tbh, it has everything else I need and according to reviews has a very loud speaker (3 speakers actually)

My only problem si that I can't seem to find the w550 in Ireland, arpart from expansys.ie that is. On expansys it's just over 300, too much when I could get the w800 for 350.
    Do any of you guys know if o2 or meteor sell this phone, but don't have it on their websites? Or would I have to get it sim free and abroad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭dubal

the N70 is out soon, is that replacing the 6680?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pj_samba

It will be a bit more expensive than the 6680 - price is unlikely to fall fro a few months

Advertisement