Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smart BB and battlefield

Options
  • 08-01-2006 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

So I'm with Smart BB, I have the router ADSL2, I think I need to open ports etc for battlefied 2 as it will not connect to the net, although the internet works fine.
    Has anybody encountered this problem? oh and if they have would it be possible to post an idiots guide, they're set up doesn't seem the most client friendly.
    cheers
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Are you sure its not your firewall?

Try turn off your firewall and check to see if windows firewall is off also.

Then run the game. Hopefully it will connect with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I've tuened off the firewall(zonealarm). Not the windows one, how do you do this?
    I'm at the point where I'm lookin at the update server page of battlefied but there are no servers, its just blank..?
    cheers Black wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

miketv wrote:
    Not the windows one, how do you do this?
    Windows XP comes with a firewall. To turn it off, goto your Control Panal (Start > Settings > Contol panal), and click on "Windows Firewall". You can turn it off then.

"Windows XP comes with a firewall. To turn it off, goto your Control Panal (Start > Settings > Contol panal), and click on "Windows Firewall". You can turn it off then."
    funny I'm on xp and there does not seem to be any firewall options in the control pana..l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://members.boards.ie/kdjac/firewall.JPG

Firewall comes with Service pack 2. Dont need to disable it just allow Bf2 to access internet. Also with Zonealarm make sure its allowed access net on all ports needed. Server checking uses a different one than the game.
    CLIENT AND SERVER PORTS
    ========================================================================

Battlefield 2 Account Creation
    NOTE: In order to create a Battlefield 2 multiplayer account, you must have the following ports open in your firewall.

Client Ports:

UDP 27900
    UDP/TCP 29900
    TCP 80
    TCP 4711
    TCP 29901
    UDP 1500-4999
    UDP/TCP 1024-1124
    UDP 28910
    UDP 16567
    UDP 55123-55125

kdjac

• Advertisement

cheers KdjaC
    I've turned off zonealrrm and I've checked again and there is no windows firewall in the control panel,
    I think the problem is in the router, under security in the Security Interface Configuration, security is enabled when i click the disable button it works so I save config but once I click back to the Security Interface Configuration its enabled, dont know how to change this..I'm guessin this is my problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its your routers problem you need to open the ports, www.portforward.com will have a guide. But search here and other forums like www.totalbf2.com for faster ways to open the ports.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

Curiosity.... A mate has a lot of trouble with ZA unless he closes it al together.

"KdjaC Its your routers problem you need to open the ports, www.portforward.com will have a guide. But search here and other forums like www.totalbf2.com for faster ways to open the ports."

actually www.portforward.com was very helpful a step by step guide to open the ports for my router, somehow it still isnt working, anyway I'll keep truckin..
    Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭KELTICKNIGHTT

have same problem
    dont have router,use trend pccillian firewall,can play every other game except bf2

• Advertisement
Advertisement