Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Leaving Cert Holidays

• 08-01-2006 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

Probably been done already but what is everybody doing after their leaving cert. Are yous working?, Lounging?, doing the festivals? getting bollocked in crete or someplace?
    I'm off inter-railing, what are the rest of yous doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

working in river island (love that shop) during day...in bar at night....then going to italy for 2 weeks...then working again...hanging out with friends...going out...etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 polkadots

Going on hols to Crete with my friends in July!!..cannot wait!:) :)
    Other than that I don't have much plans, just going to enjoy the freedom and take each day as it comes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Hopefully going to Arizona for a month with friends, by means of a special training camp, representing Ireland in the ring (Tae Kwon Do), and a holiday, other than that, getting my band back on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

My exams go fairly late into June, I then intend to work for/earn as much as I can until the results and spend said earnings in Ayia Napa to which I am travelling to for two weeks after the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Touring with my band for basically all of summer. Its like a job and a party at the same time and 99% of the drink is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

tripper wrote:
    Touring with my band for basically all of summer. Its like a job and a party at the same time and 99% of the drink is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What's your band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

Los Amigos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I finish on the 23rd of June, I think (Music) but after that I will drink my liver dead and hopefully be still alive to attend Oxegen and get to college! Com'on UL!

Can you imagine what it will be like to finish the last word in your last exam, hand it up, walk out those doors knowing your free.......? cant wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I'd like to go inter-railing except the class got different plans. Well actually no plans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

our 'year' (well a large group from my year who are loud and annoying enough for the whole year) is going to ayia napa or however you spell it but it's not really my kind of holiday.
    instead i'm going inter railing with some friends, i can't wait! but i have some serious saving to do...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Can't wait, goin on major Euro-Hol with a decent gang of lads. It's gonna be a non-stop par-tay. Vivement les vacances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Hey lads I'd stay away from Ayia Napa, meant to be a complete rob over there.

My plan is to go to oxygen, me and aload of my friends are going to go to Galway or somewhere and have a weeklong session(we can't afford to foreign) and then I'm going to Australia for 2weeks to see my sister in Sydney(mammys payin) Roll on the summer. I seriously cannot wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i have no idea what im going to do! just enjoy the freedom and work a bit, go out..lots! the feeling of knowing its all over will be enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

tinka wrote:
    our 'year' (well a large group from my year who are loud and annoying enough for the whole year) is going to ayia napa or however you spell it but it's not really my kind of holiday.
    instead i'm going inter railing with some friends, i can't wait! but i have some serious saving to do...

Actually everyone who's going to Ayia Napa, my group included, appears to be going in mob format. Someone posted a nice list of all the schools that are going there. Looks like 2 weeks of Dublin nights out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aveilicious

Does anyone know any good places to go after the leaving apart from ayia napa and ibiza? Dont think id be funded for them!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

grimloch wrote:
    Actually everyone who's going to Ayia Napa, my group included, appears to be going in mob format. Someone posted a nice list of all the schools that are going there. Looks like 2 weeks of Dublin nights out.

but why would you go away for two weeks of 'dublin nights out'?? you could always stay and have that in dublin, or go away and encounter a different culture, perhaps meet people from other countries and experience new things... some of the things people generally enjoy doing when travelling abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

I'm hoping to get a job to start saving some moola. I'm finito on the 20th....can't wait! Def heading to OXEGEN in july & mayb go to Edinburgh for a few days. & then august is going to be one big Part-Ay with my grad, results, offers etc...... Anyone else really excited bout this summer??? It's gonna be GREAT:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Ooly wrote:
    ...... Anyone else really excited bout this summer??? It's gonna be GREAT:D
    The day I walk out of my last exam(construction studies so finished the 21st) i will look like this :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

im starting in april:D , down to rally of the lakes, then in mid july off to germany to the nurburg ring for a few days then on to italy for 2 weeks. Then when i get home im going to do nothing at all during august:cool: then come september my year off begins:D

Advertisement