Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating Exams

• 08-01-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

How much do you have to get to avoid repeating??

My Irish lecturer said something like, if you get below 40 but over 25 you're grand, but then if you get under 25 in any you have to repeat that and all the others you got under 40 in.
    He's a bit ditzy so not sure if that's correct.

Does anyone know? Or does it depend on the department?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 roflotz

If ye get above 25 and under 39.8 then you can pass by compensation
    (Thats just that if you do really well in another module, it'll help bring yer mark up)
    If ye get below 25, ye will definitely need to resit the exam.

Anyway don't be thinkin about repeats just settle the head!
    Best of luck. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Might this be the same for english??

Would hope to have gotten over 25% like but am not that confident that I passed! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

I only did one sociology module. So I guess I can't pass by compensation then?

It's gonna cost me a bomb to fly home and repeat. I'd better feicing pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

This wouldn't be yesterdays sociology module would it?

Cos I'm right there with ya :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

stupefly wrote:
    I only did one sociology module. So I guess I can't pass by compensation then?

It's gonna cost me a bomb to fly home and repeat. I'd better feicing pass!
    You'll probably be able to compensate from the modules you do in the second semester. Depends on how bad you failed (if you did), but it could be done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr.Twister

Hi guys! I have exam 2moro but not sure if i can pass it...Any advice? what do i have to do....go and fail, or miss it and leave it until summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭namelessguy

Mr.Twister wrote:
    Hi guys! I have exam 2moro but not sure if i can pass it...Any advice? what do i have to do....go and fail, or miss it and leave it until summer?

I'm in the same position wiht an exam on thursday so I'm going to skip it and catch it in august.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

if we skip an exam now can we sit it in may instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Iofur

Ah for feck sake lads dont skip exams! At least show up and make an attempt no matter how half-arsed it is! I have an exam in an 1hr 45mins and its my worst one and I am still going to it

Iofur wrote:
    Ah for feck sake lads dont skip exams! At least show up and make an attempt no matter how half-arsed it is! I have an exam in an 1hr 45mins and its my worst one and I am still going to it

Nah. did that already. 4 question answer 3. I answered Q1(a). for a maximum of 10 marks out of 75.

I'd prefere to skip the exam and use the time to study my other subject. If its definitely a lost cause, as is this one, I'd much prefer to put the time to something more constructive.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:
    if we skip an exam now can we sit it in may instead?

No it'll have to be when the repeats are on in august, i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mach

Nah. did that already. 4 question answer 3. I answered Q1(a). for a maximum of 10 marks out of 75.

I'd prefere to skip the exam and use the time to study my other subject. If its definitely a lost cause, as is this one, I'd much prefer to put the time to something more constructive.

That's stupid, don't sit the paper you won't know were you went wrong, an then correct them, also you'll get a fell of what the question are like.I had one today I knew I would fail,sat it and I failed it, but not by much, i hope. For me the min i need is 45%,may get when labs are added on, so i try to get it in my not so good subjects, then aim high in my good subjects, which is about 50/50

Advertisement