Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is there to do in bettystown

Options
  • 08-01-2006 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi,

Am moving to bettystown in a couple of weeks just wondering is there anything to do down there in the evenings, gyms, pub clubs etc. Am familiar enough with the area am just not with the surrounding areas, any info would be gratly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

If its pubs you're after I'd say the most sign of life around that area would be in Drogheda...havent been in Bettystown in a year or two and even then the building was manic so Id imagine there has to be some kind of leisure centre built/being built to cater for the huge number of new residents...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Leisure centre in the Neptune Hotel.
    Walk on the beach. Repeatedly.
    Play football (gaelic or soccer)- Colmcilles for GAA, East Meath Utd for soccer.
    Theres two pubs in Bettystown, best go to Drogheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

ya could go to funtasia every day.... :eek: could ya imagine... you would be completely mental within a fortnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Squor

Cheers,

So its Drogheda or bust for me. Ah well, I will see how it goes, and in the unlikely event I find anything I will let you all know

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

theres a tennis club and golf club there two.

its only 5 minutes drive from drogheda so taxis in and out wouldnt be too expensive for goin to the pubs and clubs etc...

theres a massive new building goin up there too, not sure what it is but i'm sure it'll have some amenity services etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

It's a new hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

best thing to do in bettystown...is to get the bus back out of bettystown!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

Have worked in Bettystown for past three years, love Bettystown, particularly in the summer. Social life definitely a taxi drive away... lots of taxi companies around! Best of luck with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

There's loads more to do in Bettystown than 20 years ago that's for sure. There's a lot of development still going on, and with that will bring more facilities. There's a good selection of restraurants, a few pubs, the golf club that also incorporates the tennis and badminton clubs, the Neptune which has a good gym and of course the local ICA. ;) Also the amusment place (although not my cup of tea). Drogheda isn't too far away either.

P.S. I think I know you DaisyD? :eek: Welcome to boards. \0/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DaisyD

Dingatron wrote:
    There's loads more to do in Bettystown than 20 years ago that's for sure. There's a lot of development still going on, and with that will bring more facilities. There's a good selection of restraurants, a few pubs, the golf club that also incorporates the tennis and badminton clubs, the Neptune which has a good gym and of course the local ICA. ;) Also the amusment place (although not my cup of tea). Drogheda isn't too far away either.

P.S. I think I know you DaisyD? :eek: Welcome to boards. \0/
    Hello Dingatron, yes indeed I have made you many cups of coffee!!! Thanks for the welcome, I am now offically addicted!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

addicted to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭migz4caz

Drogheda rules!!!! Seriously it's the new Dublin. I'm from Dublin but I spend my weekends in Drogheda were my girlfriend lives. There's a brand new shopping centre called Scotch Hall and there's supposed to be another new one coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Toasty

WHATS THERE NOT TO DO IN BETTYSTOWN??
    That is the question

Advertisement