Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Analogue Nub

• 08-01-2006 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

What's the deal with it? I wouldn't have the most delicate fingers but i find it grand, there are people complaining about games being unplayable with it. Its not that bad. am i the only one who finds it quite useable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I've no problems with it. I use it instead of the d-pad for GTA, but not for Wipeout or RidgeRacer, the d-pad just feels easier for racing games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

My thumb gets a bit raw when i use it for too long I also find it slightly hard to use because of where it is. Plus in gta when on foot its a pain trying to get him to walk straight.

For me its d pad all the way which on the ps2 and xbox id never even consider using.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I find it grand, though I have urchased some nub amrour kit, basically replacements, which can make it alot easier to use =D you pick em up for 1 cent of ebay and worth the investment.

So then you didnt find orignal design easy to use then :D

I might actually pick one up off ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah ifound the original fine im using it at the moment, sometimes i change.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always use the analogue nub. I find that the D-pad on all playstations to be atrocious. It's difficult to do diagonals and completely destroys most fighting games. I can't see how anyone can use the d-pad over the analogue nub or even the analogue sticks.

I wouldnt use it over the analogue sticks but that analogue nub is no use to me after a while my thumb gets raw and my thumb slips off it too much, im sure some people are fine with it but I have fairly moist hands I think.

The d pad is not too great on ps systems just takes one go at the ds pad to see how it should be done. But the ps d pad is no where near as bad as the x box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

i would have been the complete opposite on the ps2, always favouring the d-pad for driving/racing.

i think its hilarious tha some people mistook it for a speaker.

haha yea i was one of those people thought it was a speaker till i actually saw it for the first time, it looks like one in the pics is saw :o

Advertisement